Neurology Community
Painful spots
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Painful spots

I have had these two spots on my back just below my shoulder blades that are VERY painful to touch. They started several years ago and where just like a pin size but now have seem to spread more and more to sourrounding area around the orignal spots. I first noticed them approx. 5 years ago and has gradully gotten bigger area and severity of the pain has increased with the size. Today I recieved a message and now the two areas are just extremely painful to the point where I cannot even lay down on my back please someone help me figure this out.
Related Discussions
Hi there.  These are trigger points described as hyperirritable spots in skeletal muscle associated with palpable nodules in taut bands of muscle fibers. Compression of trigger point may elicit local tenderness, referred pain or local twitch response.  These are seen in myofascial pain syndrome as focal hyperirritabilty in muscle that can modulate central nervous system. it is different from fibromyalgia in that it is characterized by widespread pain and tenderness and is described as a central augmentation of nociception giving rise to deep tissue tenderness including muscles.
you need to consult a neurologist for diagnosis. Treatment includes myotherapy, mechanical vibration, pulsed ultrasound, electrstimulation, ischemic compression, dryneedling, low level laser therapy, stretching techniques invoking reciprocal inhibition within the musculoskeletal system.  Injections of saline, local anesthetics like procaine hydrochloride, steroids, botulinum toxin helps. Take care.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...