Painless Muscle Twitches
I am a 22 year old, active female & have been throughout my entire life. I have never experienced muscle issues in the past & have been a dancer for many years. Starting in October of this year - I noticed some muscle twitches throughout my body. I noticed they were happening throughout the day & as I worried - they seemed to get worse. I never experience any pain or cramping with them & they are just a little "twinge" that happens for a second or two and goes away. They happen everywhere from my arms to my legs to my chest to my back. Nowhere is safe! Obviously, I started looking online & freaked myself out about ALS & MS. I have had anxiety issues for awhile now & am currently on birth control pills which can cause muscle issues AND anxiety problems. I run 2 miles about 3-4 times a week and haven't noticed a difference in my ability to exercise. I get aches and pains throughout my body occasionally - but it's never anything debilitating and they, like the twitches, last a second or two and subside. It's more of a very dull shooting pain or ache than it is a true PAIN. I have a bit of an unsteady hand, as well, but I only really notice it when I'm on my week-long panic attack about dying from ALS. The twitches & pain are almost unnoticable when I'm not focusing on them and are only present when I'm sitting or lying down (aka when my muscles are at rest). I've looked up BFS and realize this is a very high possibility - I guess I just need someone to tell me I'm not crazy.
hey until you see any other symptoms(99% sure they wont happen) DO NOT go online and freak yourself out, i've thought i've had everything bad in the world, those little 'twitches' are called fasiculations, i get them too, they started june 09, but i have a much worse case of symptoms, you probably have BFS.

ps. im only 19, male, and extremely active so i think your alright, and not crazy!
I agree with mikerobinson41, sounds like BFS if you are not having any other symptoms.

Online information can be a "double edge sword."  It is great for getting information at your fingertips but on the other hand it can freak you out to where you think you have everything under the sun.  If you want to have peace of mind you can see a Neurologist to have a thorough evaluation vs going online and reading information that is going to make you more anxious.  

Lastly, YOU ARE NOT CRAZY.

Keep us posted.
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

This muscle twitching is also called as muscle fasciculation & appears when the muscle contracts on its own (without nerve stimulation).  Most of the times muscle twitching occurs without any underlying disorder & they are not harmful or may appear after viral illness or vitamin/nutritional deficiency, anxiety and hormonal disturbances. But sometimes this muscle twitching appears as atrophy and weakness of muscle as well and might be associated with any neurological disorder. Most likely cause of this twitching with pain of muscles can be when the nerve supplying to arm muscles is not functioning properly due to any vitamin/nutritional deficiency. If you suffer continuous weakness and notice reduced strength of muscle bulk, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the possibilities here. Hope this information proves helpful to you.