Painless spasms in lower back
Many years ago I went to bed and as I started falling asleep I had a spasm in my back that about made me jump out of bed. I was lying on my side, my chosen way to sleep. The spasms wouldn't stop. I turned so I was laying on my back and the pressure helped. The next night the same thing happened. Every night for 25 or more years I have had to sleep on my back because the spasms are there. After I have been asleep for several hours, usually about predawn and I wake up to use the girls room I can crawl back in bed and sleep on my side for a couple of hours.

Often I get other daytime spasms. In my thigh, calf, quadricep, breast, stomach. Just random. Just appear and go away with no reason. Generally no pain involved. As I'm thinking, it is 90% or more happening only on my right side.

Today, and the reason I am searching for an answer is the spasms are severe in my lower right back while I am not trying to sleep. Even putting pressure against my back won't help.