Neurology Community
Pansinusitis causes vertigo / Leg weakness?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I started getting vertigos and had weak legs for about 10 days. I contacted my Neurologist who recommended a Brain CT and Sinus CT and Thyroid function test. The brain CT and Thy. function test came out normal. But the sinus CT showed Pansinusitis.

I was then referred to the ENT who says in my case Pansinusitis is the cause for the vertigo and weak legs.

He has put me on Vertin and a few antibiotics. The vertigo has subsided (Apparently due to vertin), but my leg weakness / stiffness still remains. I was adviced 5 doses of Nervijen Inj (Methecobalamine). Now after 3 doses, my legs still remain weak.

Is the leg weakness truly a cause of sinusitis? Somehow am not able to bring a co-relation. Please advise!!
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

In few cases, pan-sinusitis may appear as generalized body weakness since bacterial/viral infection takes some time to resolve completely. In addition, if your sinusitis is due to viral infection, then your leg weakness can be due to post-viral fatigue syndrome and needs some time to resolve completely. In addition, vitamin/nutritional (especially B-complex) may lead to a neuropathy/weakness symptoms. I would suggest keeping your nutrition high to fasten up the recovery and if your symptoms persist please consult a neurologist to evaluate other possibilities of neurological disorder. Hope this helps.