Neurology Community
Parasites in the brain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Parasites in the brain

Ok. i in fact DO have parasites. Ive been doing a cleanse for the last week, and its showing results.

Ive got a weak gut, those parasites are in my blood. There is Nothing stopping them from making an attack on my brain. While my lymphocytes arent extremely low, they Are lower than id like. This is an opening for parasitic infection. I need a doctors Opinion, becuase i am going through a whole series of tests, for unrelated brain stuff....

Would an EEG be able to detect parasites in the brain? How do brain parasites alter your brain function? Will an MRI be the only definitive way to determine if i have a foreign body in my head, such as a ...however large they grow to be, parasite?

The pictures, and videos im seeing on the internet. im as scared as hell. Not evven exaggerating. Im sure that there are people that have worse health conditions than me, and get exposed to things all the time.. but what are the chances that i am one of the "rare cases"?
My neurologist is considering the possibility that i have MS.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. Parasites in brain could be protozoan toxoplasma gondii, which can be difficult to distinguish from that of primary central nervous system lymphoma, and diagnosis needs a trial of therapy. If the indicated treatment fails, brain biopsy is indicated. Detection of the protozoa in human blood samples can be achieved with polymerase chain reaction though inactive cysts may miss detection. What are your neurological deficits and symptoms? MS is a chronic demyelinating disorder where the disease phase is characterized by active phase and remissions. It has multiple symptoms and signs and is a diagnosis of exclusion. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis are loss of balance, muscle spasms, numbness in any area, problems with walking and coordination, tremors in one or more arms and legs. Bowel and bladder symptoms include frequency of micturition, urine leakage, eye symptoms like double vision uncontrollable rapid eye movements, facial pain, painful muscle spasms, tingling, burning in arms or legs, depression, dizziness, hearing loss, fatigue etc. The treatment is essentially limited to symptomatic therapy so the course of action would not change much whether MS has been diagnosed or not. Apart from clinical neurological examination, MRI shows MS as paler areas of demyelination, two different episodes of demyelination separated by one month in at least two different brain locations. Spinal tap is done and CSF electrophoresis reveals oligoclonal bands suggestive of immune activity, which is suggestive but not diagnostic of MS. Demyelinating neurons, transmit nerve signals slower than non-demyelinated ones and can be detected with EP tests. These are visual evoked potentials, brain stem auditory evoked response, and somatosensory evoked potential. Slower nerve responses in any one of these is not confirmatory of MS but can be used to complement diagnosis along with a neurological examination, medical history and an MRI in addition, a spinal tap. Therefore, it would be prudent to consult your neurologist with these concerns. Hope this helps. Take care.
Yes, ive had many of those symptoms. It started with an eye twitch, then excruciating headaches, that my doctor told me were likely migraines. Ive experienced numbness in my extremities and face, nausea, vomiting... I havent had diarrhoea, But i do have crones, so abnormal bowel habits are typical. My doctor told me that "if you dont have diarrhoea, you dont have parasites". Everyone is infected with parasites in one form or another, and my doctor was wrong in saying that everyone that has parasites, is suffering diarrhoea.  

Multiple sclerosis is being considered for my diagnosis, but Brain parasites and the effect that they have on the body, share similar symptoms. Im ok with having multiple sclerosis, but brain parasites are a dangerous thing. How long could i live with them in my brain? Im doing what i can to help myself, by doing a cleanse, but thats not enough.

Since my symptoms started about a month and a half ago, they have mostly stopped. My only symptoms now are, strange sensations in my head, Periodic headaches, and muscles twitches. I still get numb from time to time.. but if i had a parasite interfering with my brain, would the symptoms stop and start like this? I dont want to get surgery, but all i can think about is getting rid of these worms. Its really, freaking me out. I dont want to die cuz of some worm in my brain.

Can i fix this?
Answers to the above questions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
it sounds like you probably have MS and when some of the symptoms stop it is called a remission. You may want to check out relapsing/remitting MS.
I have MS and had wondered if they were brain parasites. I had an MRI and a spinal tap that led the Neurologist to determine it was MS. I needed a walker sometimes, sometimes a cane, now I use the grocerey cart and stay close to the walls. hahahha I give myself Rebif injections 3xweekly to slow the occurence of another relapse. Also on anti-depreessant, anxiety, and muscle relaxant. Right now I am in the middle of a parasite cleanse to see if it improves my overall health. My neurologist recommends 5000 gr of vit d daily. I am 55 yrs. old and live in Seattle where the sun doesn't shine much.Best of luck. Humor will keep you going. Be sure to laugh at yourself even when you may start to become obsessed with your worries.