Neurology Community
Parietal Lobe Pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Parietal Lobe Pain

Hello.  I am new to this forum so please forgive me if I am repeating someone else's questions.

Last December (2007) I started having a sharp, stabbing pain in the left side of my parietal lobe when I bent over or even sneezed really hard.  When it occurs it causes me to yell in pain.  It's over fairly quickly but tends to feel "sore"  and slightly throb for awhile.  This is happening every day and even several times a day.  I have an appointment with my primary physician tomorrow (Feb 18th) to see if she can help.  I know that you won't see this until after I've seen my doctor, but would like your general opinion of what could be causing this to happen.  I have sinusitis and was curious about that being the cause.  I've had sinusitis for years and this is the first time I've experienced quick, sharp, stabbing pain in my head.  I've had sinus headaches before that effect my face, teeth, etc.  These tend to last awhile and are usually helped by taking sinus meds for congestion.  These pains seem to have quite a bit of pressure involved and feels like something is possibly pinching a nerve.  

Thank you in advance for your time and trouble.
-5 Comments Post a Comment
Hello.

This is the right forum for the symptoms you have.

This does look like a sinus headache. Sinus headaches are actually vacuum headaches. Due to the congestion and block, the vacuum that is created is the cause.

To be on the safer side, it is better to rule out other causes of such a headache which increases on sneezing or bending forwards. The one important cause is increased intracranial pressure.

Regards
My husband sneezed about 6 days and right after had a severe, disabling headache start.  We have been married 23 yearsand he has NEVER had a migraine or headache like this.  The ER doc did various CT scans I his head and could find nothing.  They did a spinal tap and got do much blood in with the spinal fluid they ran another  special CT test with dye.  He had an angiogram I. His brain yesterday and they did not find an anyeurism.  He still has a headache so bad, he cannot air upright.  I am taking him to hospital again if be is the same.  His blood draws were all normal.  He is healthy besides needing a right hip replacement.  He also has not had a fever but does have a stiff neck.  They did check for meningitis 1st visit and it was negative. Thanks Kari98
For no reason the other morning I suddenly felt sick and was vommiting quite a bit, the pressure in my head was tremendous and the resulting pain (at the front of my head) had me crying my eyes out and begging for tablets.  I was sent home from work and spent the rest of the day in bed recovering, I was getting ready to go back to work 2 day's later when the pain came back, exactly the same, it was really crippling.  I've had migranes (migraines) but they were nothing like this.  I eventually got to the doctors and my blood pressure was 140/100 but she does not know if it was the pain that caused this so I have to go back again in a week. At the moment the pain is like a dull headache over my eyes.  I wear glasses for reading etc, not ill in any other way, this has come out of nowhere can anyone help??????
I have been having a terrible pain in the left parietal lobe, the pain i'ts sharp and it last only for seconds but a feel like a I'm going to die, I know is not sinus because I had sinus in the past and this pain is totally diferent from the pain caused but the sinus infection. I had the pain today and my blood pressure was more high than normal, my normal blood pressure is between 115/68and 120/70 and today it was 130/68. Im scared because I also feel pressure in my chest, I hope someone can tell me more about his symptoms. I have my doctor appointment next tuesday, but I think I wiil run to the hospital.