Neurology Expert Forum
Parietal Lobe

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Parietal Lobe

If you had MS and abnormal signals in your parietal lobe, what areas of your body/functions would it effect?

Also, could a plaque location cause stiff/sore neck base (Still able to touch chest with chin-not like Meningitis, no fever) and also sudden choking in the middle of the night which results in vomiting stomache acid. (I have never had problem with acid reflux in the past and am newly diagnosed,not yet on any medications.)

Thank you.
The parietal lobes contain the sensory functions, and association areas. Therefore when you feel a sensation in your body it is processed within the parietal lobe. The association areas help to intergrate functions. The non-dominant (usually right side) is involved with the underatanding of emotion, and the dominant side helps with calculations, left/right descrimination. Also, the language area which allows us to understand verbal language is within the dominant inferior pareital lobe in most people.

Neck stiffness could be due to a lesion in the cervical spine. This can be evaluated with a MRI of the cervical spine.

Regarding the acid reflux, I am not aware of a specific region which would cause these symptoms. Therefore, I would discuss this with your primary doctor and have it evaluated. You were not recently treated with steroids? This could result in acid reflux. Good luck