Peripheral hallucinations and Macroadenomas
I have recently been diagnosed with a pituitary macroadenoma and suddenly I am seeing things that aren't there out of the corner of my right eye. Should I call my neurosurgeon (his office staff is rude) or just wait until my appointment in 2 weeks to mention this new developement?

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I'm not a doctor just someone who's been diagnosed with a pituitary microadenoma. I can share from my experience. It can definitley be a road block if the office staff are not polite. I completely understand how it can add stress to an already stressful situation. If the symptom is new it certainly can't hurt to call your neurosurgeons office to let them know....just have to get beyond the staff. Were you diagnosed via an MRI? if so, get the report and it should tell you if the macroadenoma is touching or close to the optic chiasm (sp) which could affect your eyes. This should give you a little more information to go on. Has your doctor set up a plan for taking care of you? Also, usually the docs have assistants that you can speak to or a nurse on staff...ask to speak to them. Once I got involved with clinics that were very familiar with pituitary tumors I found all staff to be extremely and I mean extremely helpful and understanding.

hope some of this helps.

All the best.