Neurology Community
Peripheral neuropathy Swollen feet
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Peripheral neuropathy Swollen feet

Dx Periphera Neuropathy- progressive numbness in both feet for about 7 years.
Progressing slowly, but, major inconvenience is a general swelling in my feet most days- starting late in the day. Feet get hot, puffy- feels really good to dunk them in cold water. Seems to be getting worse. While I don't have intense pain- this swelling is getting to be a drag, and don't see much about this symptom in the general literature of PN.
Any advice, direction?
Related Discussions
0 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi welcome to med help. I too am new. How were you diagnosed with PN. I've been going thru some wierd symptoms last 4 yrs on and off. I get so worried that it could be something the doctors are just looking over .
Blank
I have had idiopathic peripheral neuopathy for 27 years. The symptoms did start when I had some severe back problems.  I was on
neurontin for many years, and discontinued it about four months ago.
I have recently developed  a very swollen feeling in my feet and there does seem to be some actual swelling.  I am curious to know if anyone else witrh PN has experienced this.
Thank you.
BobB
Blank
I have diabetic neuropathy in my feet (right is worse and started earlier than left).  I, too, have the swelling.  It's in the right foot (the worse one).  It's very uncomfortable.  That feeling, I think, is almost worse than the actual numbness I experience.  I also have developed this plantar fasciatis.  I didn't know if that could have been because the decreased use of the toes.  The heel pain is excruciating sometimes!  Anyone else experience this?
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank