Peroneal Nerve Entrapment
For the past two weeks I have been experiencing numbness in my right leg, starting below my knee and extending downward to the top of my foot and includes some of my toes. I can move my toes however there is noticeable difference compared to my other foot. I am unable to bend my ankle up so this makes walking troublesome and in the beginning I was tripping a lot, now I have to lift my foot since my ankle won't bend to walk correctly.
The only pain I have is associated with cramping/tightening in the arch of my foot, mostly occurring at night. I haven't had any injury to my legs or back. I was having some soreness in my right shoulder blade but that has subsided. I have seen my family dr and the was no dx outside of nerve entrapment and the rx was to do some exercises at home which I have been doing but I fear I am only getting worse, not better.
What could be causing this? What tests could/should be done to get a diagnoses and what could help resolve this?

Thanks!

Aside from nerve entrapment, possible causes of numbness on your leg could be due to posture, lack of blood supply to an area, certain medications, lack of vit B12 and from certain medical conditions ( diabetes, migraines, thyroid problems, etc).  It is important that the underlying cause of numbness should be identified and then treated.  Have this evaluated further by your doctor for proper management. A complete medical history, physical and neurologic examinations and some tests may be done to help with the diagnosis and to rule out conditions mentioned.

Take care and keep us posted.