Phrenic nerve grafting vs plication
Does any one know anything about the phrenic nerve grafting? Pros? Cons? The new process of grafting without a thoracotomy? Nerve grafting for diaphragm paralysis verses plication? I am searching everywhere for a solution to my problem and would greatly appreciate your views on these procedures!
Thanks again!
My husband had triple bypass and valve replacement in June, 2008. He had a difficult time getting off the ventilator and after three weeks in the hospital (11 days in ICU), was discharged with oxygen. He was on oxygen for about a month at home and then was taken off. His main issue now is that he cannot recline or lay flat without using a bipap machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a pulmonary expert in the Baltimore, MD or Washington, D.C. area? Aos, what procedures are available to help his recovery. We've heard of a pacemaker for the diaphram (his appears to be paralyzed on both sides) and some say it oftentimes recovers on its own. Thanks for your help.
We just found out that my husband has a weak diaphram.  He also had quadruple bypass surgery and a reaction to statin drugs.  Mayo clinic in Rochester was where he went for a second opinion.  I highly suggest going to the top (Mayo) if you can travel.  Our hospital here was tellling him it was his heart and he needed a defribulator.  Mayo found out his heart was perfectly fine and it was his lungs.  Get a second opinon.