Pinched Nerve In neck
For about 2 months now I have been suffering from a pinched nerve in my neck. I have slight pain in my neck and tingling/numbness in my forearm and hand. X-rays revealed that I have Degenerative Disc Disease, but no spurs or bulging discs. I was perscribed Ibuprofen and muscle relaxers. I just started physical therapy wich consists of light messaging and exercises. What can I do to get rid of this thing? Nothing is working. I need to be better by November so I can attend the California Highway Patrol Academy. I haven't seen a Neurologist yet.
Your doctor only did a plain x-ray I am assuming?  A plain x-ray will show bone, but not nerves.  You would need an MRI to get a more thorough examination of what is going on in there.  I am assuming you are a young person?   Have you had any injury prior to this such as whiplash, etc?
HI, my name is Deanna and I believe you should definitely push for an MRI, I recently was in pain for over two weeks and couldn't take the pain. I went to the emergency room twice and they did nothing but put me on meds and then I went to see a doctor who immediately admitted me into the hospital and after having an mri they seen that my disc in  my neck was broke and 3 other discs were compressing on nerves and the doctor said I could of been paralazed. I had surgery two days later and I'm currently recovering, the horrible pain is gone but i still don't have feeling in one of my fingers which may never come back, the longer you wait the more nerve damage there is according to what I was told. So please take this seriously for your own health and push to have an MRI to see what's going on. Hope this helps