Aa
A
A
Close
Pinched Nerve In neck
For about 2 months now I have been suffering from a pinched nerve in my neck. I have slight pain in my neck and tingling/numbness in my forearm and hand. X-rays revealed that I have Degenerative Disc Disease, but no spurs or bulging discs. I was perscribed Ibuprofen and muscle relaxers. I just started physical therapy wich consists of light messaging and exercises. What can I do to get rid of this thing? Nothing is working. I need to be better by November so I can attend the California Highway Patrol Academy. I haven't seen a Neurologist yet.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
562599 tn?1217011725
Your doctor only did a plain x-ray I am assuming?  A plain x-ray will show bone, but not nerves.  You would need an MRI to get a more thorough examination of what is going on in there.  I am assuming you are a young person?   Have you had any injury prior to this such as whiplash, etc?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
568174 tn?1217561105
HI, my name is Deanna and I believe you should definitely push for an MRI, I recently was in pain for over two weeks and couldn't take the pain. I went to the emergency room twice and they did nothing but put me on meds and then I went to see a doctor who immediately admitted me into the hospital and after having an mri they seen that my disc in  my neck was broke and 3 other discs were compressing on nerves and the doctor said I could of been paralazed. I had surgery two days later and I'm currently recovering, the horrible pain is gone but i still don't have feeling in one of my fingers which may never come back, the longer you wait the more nerve damage there is according to what I was told. So please take this seriously for your own health and push to have an MRI to see what's going on. Hope this helps
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank