Aa
A
A
Close
Pinched Nerve affecting Hand- 7yrs
I have a pinched nerve in my elbow which caused numbing and loss of feeling in my left hand, pinky and ring finger specifically. I have noticed this about 7 years ago, I am 27 now and the situation seems to be worsening as time passes. I have gone to a neurologist, had an ultra-sound done on my elbow, tried acupuncture for a brief time. Still nothing helps and it is very frustrating as it affects my daily life. I am going to give acupuncture another try and plan on finding  a physiotherapist too. Is there any hope for me to ever get my hand to function normally again? Should I consider surgery? What do you recommend? Please help.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1609697 tn?1301072999
A friend of mine had the same diagnosis.  2 months of physical therapy got rid of the numbness.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Really? How long did your friend have the numbness for? And do you know how the injury happened?
I am not sure, doctors think I may have hit my elbow or "funny bone" one day which caused damage to my nerve or just holding my head at school, while pressing my elbows against the table. I don't know how it happened for sure, I noticed it getting worse over time...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources