Pinched Nerve affecting Hand- 7yrs
I have a pinched nerve in my elbow which caused numbing and loss of feeling in my left hand, pinky and ring finger specifically. I have noticed this about 7 years ago, I am 27 now and the situation seems to be worsening as time passes. I have gone to a neurologist, had an ultra-sound done on my elbow, tried acupuncture for a brief time. Still nothing helps and it is very frustrating as it affects my daily life. I am going to give acupuncture another try and plan on finding  a physiotherapist too. Is there any hope for me to ever get my hand to function normally again? Should I consider surgery? What do you recommend? Please help.
A friend of mine had the same diagnosis.  2 months of physical therapy got rid of the numbness.
Really? How long did your friend have the numbness for? And do you know how the injury happened?
I am not sure, doctors think I may have hit my elbow or "funny bone" one day which caused damage to my nerve or just holding my head at school, while pressing my elbows against the table. I don't know how it happened for sure, I noticed it getting worse over time...