Neurology Community
Pinched nerve in neck/pulled muscle

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Pinched nerve in neck/pulled muscle

Hi, I had a pinched nerve in my neck about a month ago ( I get these every 6 months or so). It usually only last 2 to 3 days. But this time its different. I made a huge mistake of doing some strenuous over stretching and pulled the muscle in my left shoulder and neck. I had pretty severe pain for about 2 weeks before I went to see a doctor. They did some strength testing on both hand and arms and some visual test. They stated that there was no nerve damage but he decided to take some xrays of my neck to see why I was getting them all the time. I have a spur in my neck that he suspects is causing the problem and wants me to go to physical therapy with a cervical traction unit. I am in the process of trying to get in. However, for the past few days I have been having some tingling in my left arm and hand. It's not continuous, but definately noticable. Could I have nerve damage that was missed? Or could it just still be pinched and I am just now feeling this sensation? I am just wondering if I should proceed with the cervical unit or not. My doctor is out of town for 2 weeks and not sure what to do..anyone have anything similar happen or suggestions? Thanks so much