Neurology Expert Forum
Pineal Cyst - Doctors won't help me!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Pineal Cyst - Doctors won't help me!!!

I have had constant headaches for 18 years, that have gotten steadily worse, and I recently started having seizures. So, I had an MRI, and it showed a 1.5 cm pineal cyst.  My neurologist told me it wasn't the cause of my problems, but I have since done much research and found that these cysts do cause all of the problems i'm having.  Severe constant headaches, severe insomnia, seizures, and even early puberty.  Tried to get a second opinion, but all the doctors say the cyst isn't the problem.  I'm desperate to find a doctor that will help me, I don't want to live this way anymore, I CAN"T!! I live in Montana, if anyone knows of a doctor nearby PLEASE let me know. Thanks
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

I would not expect a pineal cyst to cause all of your symptoms, especially if there is no mass effect from the cyst. (It may be possible there is another etiology for your symptoms). I am sorry, but I do not know any neurologists in Montana.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.