Pineal cysts and bowel/bladder problems
I read that Pineal cysts can cause hydrocephalus and eventually bowel and bladder problems. HOW CAN A PINEAL CYST AFFECT THE BOWEL/BLADDER?

I had a MRI done 2 years ago after complaining of electric shock sensations in the brain. A pineal cyst was found (There is a 1.2 x 0.8 cm circumscribed structure in the pineal region. This is isointense to cerebrospinal fluild on T2 an slightly hyperintense to cerebropinal fluid on T1 and Flair)

I went to a neurologist, she thought nothing of my symptoms or of the MRI and recommended a psychiatrist.

Recently, I have seen a psychiatrist/ sleep disorder specialist. She has diagnosed my electrical shock sensations of the brain as "Exploding Head Syndrome".

I am currently experiencing bladder/bowel problems. HOW IN THE WORLD COULD A PINEAL CYST AFFECT THE BOWEL/BLADDER?

Pineal cysts are benign cysts in the pineal gland and are usually asymptomatic, although very rarely they can cause hydrocephalus, headache and visual disturbances.I do not think that your bladder and bowel problems are related to the pineal cyst. What exactly are the bladder and bowel problems that you are experiencing?
The consistent symptom is frequent urinate with little volume. Sometimes almost no urination for a couple of days. Sometimes burning. My PCP has ruled out prostate problems. Blood tests were preformed for bladder infection and other problems. I experience nausea and cramping in the lower abdomen. Bowels movement have become very irregular.

I read the following response to another person's question on this forum:

"10/18/04 by CCF-Neuro-M.D.-CS
Without reviewing the scans it is difficult to make assumptions. You are correct that most pineal cysts are found incidentally and are not related to the patient's symptoms. If the flow of spinal fluid is obstructed/decreased, this could cause symptoms of increased intracranial pressure. These are headaches, vomiting, blurry vision, gait problems, and eventually bowel/bladder problems."

I am wondering about the eventual bowel/bladder problems.

Thank you
Raised intracranial pressure is usually a medical emergency so i don't think you are suffering from it.Since prostate is not cause of your urinary problem, there is a possibility of urinary tract infection or ureteral stone. To regularise your motions please drink adequate amounts of water and take a fibre rich diet with lots of fruits and vegetables.Hope it helps!