Pinkie and Ring Finger - Spasms
For the last couple of days I have been having some problems with my left hand. It started with my index finger having spasms, and then moved to in between my middle finger and pointer finger knuckle. It now is deblilitating my pinkie and ring finger and causing some minor pain in the outside part of my wrist. With my hand straight out I cannot I cannot put my pinkie or ring finger together and I cannot get my ring finger together with my middle finger. Any thoughts? I have attached a pic of how close I can get my fingers together.

I am 32 and relatively healthy. I drink beer about once a week (occassionally socially will have a smoke when drinking), workout with weights 2 times a week and do Brazilian JuJitsu 1 to 2 times a week. I also play soccer during the fall and spring.
Hello.

It seems that the small muscles of the hand are affected. One of the reasons could be Median nerve injury. If you have heard of the carpal tunnel syndrome, you can correlate your symptoms with compression of the median nerve at the wrist. It also causes pain and swelling.

Do you recall any wrist injury ? Do you have similar problems on the other hand ?

I would suggest you to get a Neurologist's opinion. If needed, you will be doing an EMG (electromyography).

Regards
I lift pretty heavy weights, which certainly puts strain on my wrists (when benching and curling). In addition, Ju Jitsu, is all about manipulating different joints in order to get your opponent to tap out. But, no memorable injury.

Other hand is fine, except for a sprained thumb.

Are there any stretches for this that I can try prior to going to Neuro?
How rude of me...

Thank you for the response. It is greatly appreciated.
Hello.

I would say you rest the wrist till you go to the neurologist. With each episode of heavy work, the condition may worsen.

I guess you must be using he left wrist more than the right one. Is it so ?

Regards
Oddly enough, no. I am a righty. So I primarily use my right. But, when I work I use both equally (typing).
Last night and today, there is a considerable amount of pain. The pain is primarily between my pinkie and ring finger knuckle.
Hi.

Did you have any needle ***** or a cut anywhere on the hand or the fingers ? I am suspecting one more possibility. The problems could be due to an abscess. This is just one more differential that needs to be carefully ruled out. There are spaces in the hands which are line by membranes. If the infection spreads in a particular space, the pus collection can compromise nerves and small muscles.

There is always a possibility of spinal cord compression. or nerve root  compression. Have you considered MRI of the cervical spine ?

Regards

Regards
I have arthritis in my neck from an accident. I did damage between C5 & C6 in my neck.

It is not an abcess, and I do not think it is compression. My wife is a nurse and checked it out.
Hey I was doing some research, what about Dupuytren's Contracture? I found a hard bump in the palm of my hand. When I push on it, my ringfinger becomes a little numb.
Hello.

In Dupuytren's contracture, you would see fingers curled up and can't be extended. This does not seem to be the case here.

When you push on the hard bump, there must be something that presses on the nerves causing numbness. Do you have a hand specialist in your area ?

Regards
Hey,

The ring finger is starting to curl.  It is not as sever in some of the pictures I saw. But what jumped out at me was the way the hand looked. The pinkie shooting outward, my ring finger is bent very minor (in the pictures it was much more bent) and the rest of my hand relatively normal. I have some orth's in my area, and I am looking for a hand specialist in my network.

Thanks!
I noticed that you are an MD. I had a triple bypass and the ulad, or is it ular nerve was injured and I have numbness in my pinky and ring finger. It has been three months now and it stays the same, or get worse. My cardio says it will get better in time, but it does not seem to get better. Any suggestions how I can find some improvement.    
even i am facing the same problem.the thing is tht it is in both the hands and forearms and i have lost a lot of muscle in hand especially in between the thumb finger and forearm.wht is the treatment ur undergoing at present?
even i am facing the same problem from last year and half i am loosing muscle mass from both the hands and forearms especially in between thumb finger and index finger my both the hands look scary now as i can see the bones even in my palms and I cannot put my pinkie or ring finger together and I cannot get my ring finger together with my middle finger in both my hands.i have tried out all the doctors but none of them where helpful even the doctors are unable to identify wht the problem might be some doctors say it might be carpal tunnel syndrome some say genetic [but as far as i know there is no one in our family who has this condition except me] some say neurological problem and wht not.even tried out Ayurvedic medicine even tht where of no use and i have conducted all the tests MRI,ENMG,nerve conduction test.
pls help me out here.
I have the same index and ring finger pain.... ithurts when I try to bend the ring and index ringer.
The doc did an mdr and said i have tennis elbow but the stiffness and pain increase by the day.

sometimes i have a little of same in the right index and ring finger