Pinky finger is cold and tingly
About 3 months ago my roomate and I were moving a new TV into our apartment and as we were going through the doorway my left pinky finger was smashed between the TV and the door frame.  We heard a loud pop and thought I had broken my finger.  My finger swelled considerably and turned blue/purple along the right side of my finger and underneath my knuckle.  I never lost full motion of my finger and decided it wasn't broken, just badly bruised.  Three months have passed and my finger is back to its regular size and color, but it has stayed consitantly tingly and ice cold since the day I smashed it.  I spoke with my family physician about 2 months ago who said I probably pinched a nerve and that it would heal over time and to keep the finger moving and warm.  Well, over the past 2-3 weeks I have noticed that my entire left hand is now colder then the rest of my body, with my left pinky finger still being even colder. Obviously what my doctor told me to do isn't helping.  Do you have any suggestions?  Do I need to go see a neurologist or a hand specialist, or will this heal over time like my doctor said?  Thank you!
It could be a nerve damage due to the trauma. Please go for MRI of the wrist and arm and consult a neurologist for diagnosis and treatment. Please continue physiotherapy and take a diet including supplements of multivitamins, multiminerals, calcium and Omega 3 fatty acids. A nerve  may take a lot of time to regenerate. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!