Neurology Community
Pinpoint pain in head?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Pinpoint pain in head?

Every now and then (like once a year) I get this sharp pain in one pinpoint area of my head that is intermittent and comes and goes sporadically.  It only lasts for about a day and Excedrin Migraine usually helps out. Usually the area that hurts feels like a bruise on my head and the last time it occurred this sensation was present in more than one areas of my head up to two places.  I have had a very stressful couple of days and I have attributed it to that (the present 'headache' that I have now, that is) and it seems to be a running pattern for when it happens.  The last time it happened I didn't sleep very much for anxiety of starting classes the next day.  I have visited the doctor before for 'migraines' in the past.  Such migraines have consisted of purely visual disturbances or 'aura' followed by a day of a mild-moderate DULL headache -- not the traditional migraine.  I do plan on seeing a MD about these pains but I would like some quick advice/suggestions as to what I should interpret these 'headaches' as.  Thanks