Pins and Needles feeling in my feet
For the past couple of days I have had the pins and needles feeling in my feet everytime I walk, or even just stand still.  I can also feel it when I'm sitting down, but not as much and not for long.  I don't have any swelling anywhere.  I haven't changed any of my physical activity.  I do stand at work because I am a hair stylist, but I havne't been any busier or slower than normal at work.  Please help.  I'm a little scared, and I don't have any medical insurance.  
Hi there. The various causes of pins and needles in feet could be due to nerve damage and certain personal habits. Posture like crossing of knees or ankles, sitting with your legs folded or one foot under your buttocks may cause pins and needles in leg and feet. Standing up for work, imbalance of calcium, potassium, sodium, peripheral artery disease, damage to spinal cord, diabetes can all cause this paresthesia. Vitamin B1,B6, B12 deficiency, hypothyroidism need to be checked.Consult a physician who would evaluate these symptoms and ask for relevant investigations. Hope this helps. Take care.

A common cause is the onset of neuropathy, secondary to diabetes. To rule this out you requre an inexpensive hba1c test as well as a fasting blood sugar. Many diabetic clinics provide such testing for free. You might try some alpha-lipoic acid, 1000 mg of omega-3 fish oil, and some slow release niacin. The niacin improves the microcirculation, as does the omega-3 fish oil. If you are paying cash and specify you only want an hba1c and a fasting glucose test it shouldn't be very expensive. To evaluate the thyroid a test known as a TSH is required. This is also inexpensive. If you decide to try a B-12 challenge, take the B-12 supplements with folic acid sublingually.