Pins and Needles
Hi,  Late last year I had burning/ pins and needles on the palms of my hands and soles of feet for a few weeks eventually it went away and I thought no more of it.

A couple of weeks ago it reappeared and hasn't gone away yet.  I'm also getting muscle twitches in my hand and aches in my arm muscles and legs.  It's worst at night time and a little better in the morning when I wake up.

Today the pins and needles started in my face.  

Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be or experienced anything similar?

Hi there.

From the way you described the symptoms, I believe that the sensations are neuropathic in nature, meaning that there can be problems in the nerves supplying those areas.  Common causes for these would include deficiencies in micronutrients such as the B vitamins and calcium, as well as stress and lack of sleep.  People with metabolic disorders such as diabetes can also present with these problems.  High sugar levels may eventually cause some nerve injury leading to these symptoms.  I suggest you inform your doctor about these and possibly discuss the conditions I mentioned.

Regards and God bless.

Thanks for the advice, my blood tests came back all clear this week.  Looks like I'll be sent for an EMG next - fingers crossed for the same result.

I'll let you know how it goes