Pituitary Gland Cyst
I was recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease.  With the Lyme Disease I was battling a bunch of different symptoms.  To name a few, dizziness, confusion, headaches and blurred vision.  My doctor wanted me to get an MRI of the brain to rule out anything other than the typical Lyme disease symptoms.  Via MRI with dye injection, I was diagnosed with a 2.5 centimeter pituitary gland cyst.  I in turn was referred to a brain surgeon.  The surgeon has refrained from surgery at this time and is monitoring the cyst every three months to see if it has grown or changed in any way.  He said if it does change or grows we will remove it.  I very scared about the size of the cyst and the procedure for removal.  Most people are diagnosed with smaller cysts.  If the cyst does change and gets even larger, what can I expect to happen?  Will I have seizures, paralysis, etc?  If I need to have it removed where it is so big is that possible and more dangerous?
i had a pituitary tumor it .it had grown 22mm.it got in my optic nerve .it got to where i couldent see out of my left eye.i had a crainotmy last yr to have it removed.as it got bigger i got breast discharge and had non stop periods.my hormones went threw the roof.i had seizures all my life so i dont no if that will happen .i did start having bad headaches.i went a year having mris.before i had the sugery.but my pituitary tumor is still gone.ask if they can go threw your nose to remove it.but i got my site back and everything is normal.good luck to you i know how you feel.
Thank you for answering.  I'm glad yours is gone after surgery.  I have the headaches and No periods and not menepause yet.  I see floaters alot and visions is definately worse.    I hope they can go through my nose but I think its too big.  I'm so afraid I'll have a seizure while I'm driving so I don't venture out very far.  Haven't had one though so thats good.  I'm going for my third MRI December 7, 2007.  Wish me luck.  Good luck to you too.
The pituitary gland is not located in the brain; rather, it is located at it's base.  The primary symptom of a pituitary gland cyst is headache, not seizure.  Depending on the size of the cyst, there might also be vision loss and abnormal pituitary function (frequent urination or excessive thirst).

Unfortunately, no medical treatment is available for pituitary gland cysts.  Treatment is done by surgery.
Thank you for responding.  No seizure makes me feel a lot better.  We'll see next month with my next scan if we need surgery just yet.  
I have a small prolactinoma and a larger cyst in the pituitary region. Wow, Glad I know why I am off to the toilet heaps of times in the night. Anything available to stop this symptom - interrupting my sleep.