Pituitary
my father had a Pituitary brain tumor removed several years ago and he's on medication for the rest of his as he had to have his Pituitary gland taken out. i was wondering if this run's in the family or am i just worrying for nothing? also what are the symptoms of a Pituitary brain tumor?  please help
There are many different kinds of pituitary tumors and you did not indicate what type he had.
It is actually very unusual that the entire gland is removed as that is usually avoided due to having to take all the medications.
There is not currently too much study on the genetics of pituitary tumors. They are considered to be rare and ignored a great deal which also prevents good treatment. It was not until recently that they were being tracked.
There is a form of adrenal disease that is inherited.
I do think that it can run in some families as on some other boards that I am one, it seems to happen in brothers and sisters and parents. But if you do not know by now, you are probably ok. I don't think they run in my family and I had two.
The symptoms vary depending on the type of tumor.