Neurology Community
Please help me figure out why my head hurst so much!

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

For the past year, I have experienced a sudden surge of pressure in my head.  It only happens when I laugh hard or yell or get too excited.  It's like an inflatable balloon.  It's slowly surges, then it slowly comes down from it's peak and goes away.  It usually lasts about 3-5 seconds (start to finish).  I also have dull headaches almost daily...at least 4 times a week.  I'm concerned because I'm taking advil on a almost daily basis.  Is this something I need to be overly concerned with? I have no ear issues and I do have low laying tonsils what ever that means!!

Hi u may want to check out the Chiari Malformation forum here on MedHelp as low lying tonsils can indicate u have Chiari or a related condition....even with low lying tonsils u can have Chiari symptoms.....

With Chiari we can have pressure HA's from simple things like laughing, crying, shouting, and doing nething that causes us to strain....

How long since u received ur low lying tonsil DX and were u in a MVA that may have caused it?....

Do u have copies of ur MRI and the report?

Here is the link to the Chiari forum - http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/257?camp=msc
I have low lying tonsils as well.  3-4mm according to the drs.  

Tried to relieve daily headaches/migraines with Advil.  Turns out that my GI dr. claims my gastritis is directly related to all the Advil that I took.   Besides that NL's have told me Iburprofen can cause rebound headaches so essentially you may never get out of the vicious cycle of daily headaches by using that type of pain reliever.