Neurology Community
Please help

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Please help

I am a 22 year old female. About a week ago i came down with a sinus infection. A few days later i started getting this horrible pain on my back. Seemed as though my skin was literally burning. After it would stop that i would get chill bumps from head to toe. The chill bumps hurt the worst. Felt like each one was a needle coming out of my skin. I checked my temp. numerous times and i never ran a fever. These last for hours of just pain. Nothing makes it stop. Now when it happens it starts in my back and goes to my bottom and the backs of my legs. And even my stomach. I cant stand for anything to touch my skin when it is like this. The lightest touch puts me in tears. It has gotten worse each day so far. And i have been getting these random stabbing/shooting pains in different places. I went to the doctor stated i had bronchitis. But had no idea what was causing this or what to do to stop it. Referred my to couple of other doctors but said lets try a steriod shot. The past few days have been great. But today i am starting to notice the spots on my skin again. and i am getting the stabbing pains. What is going on?
I think I answered another post of yours.  

AGAIN....Sounds like something viral.  You should be ordered an ORAL steroid, something for nerve pain and some type of anti-viral medication.  

THIS is a virus that is wrecking havoc on your nervous system.  

Do you have a rash all over or on any certain part of your body?  I was also thinking this could be shingles you are dealing with.  

It is DEFINITELY something viral.  

Doctor said it wasnt shingles. The rash is always on my back but then occurs everywhere else just in different places each time. Doctor gave me steriod shot but it hasnt helped