Neurology Community
Please help.....

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Please help.....

I have scalp tenderness and occasional pain that shoots through my head in one spot. If I apply a little pressure on the top of my head it feels like the tissue on my head is a little swollen(softer than the rest of my head) and hurts as though my head were bruised. I also feel pressure build up in my head when I apply pressure to the tender spot. I hardly ever wear my hair in pony tails because I don't want people to think that my pain is related to my hair being pulled back. Is there a reason the top of my head feels bruised all the time?  -Dez
Wow, yesterday I experienced the same thing. The top right of my head feels like a sharp but not too sharp of a pain. It is usually in one spot but seems to move a little bit. When I push on it, it really hurts. It seems like no one has found an answer to this problem yet. I think if we all tell a little about our recent activities maybe we can at least find the cause.
1. Recently I did a neck work out at the gym.
2. I do have psoriasis on my head but it is on the other side and it has never made my head feel like this.
3. My neck really hurt for a couple days and I believe it was from sleeping wrong.
4. I have been eating a lot of sugar lately.

That's all I can think of, please let me know what everyone else has experienced lately so we can find out what the problem is.
God Bless.
I have had tender sore spots all over on my head I have had no injury that would cause this and it is going on 4 yrs. My dr. said it was inflamation (inflammation) on my brain and to take ibeprofen but it hasn't went away conserned it might be something serious. The soreness moves from one place to the next all over my head and back again. The spots are indented in like my skull is splitting. Hope this gets figured out.
I'm experiencing this right now and all yesterday. If I don't touch the tender spot for a while it won't hurt and then when i touch my head feeling for the spot I wint feel anything at first and I'll tougher harder and the it hits me right in the face with sharp intensive pain and becomes very sensitive even with head movement. I have b12 deficient which have me neuropathy with gave me fibromyalgia and there all skin relative problems. Even though I've never experienced anything like this before I always had great pain throughout my body and extreme sensitive to skin
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. Unusual scalp tenderness is associated with temporal arteritis. other common causes are migraines, tension headaches, cervical myelopathy, herpes zoster, cellulitis, brain tumor, contact dermatitis etc. consult a neurologist for detailed evaluation  with exclusion of each after testing against clinical findings, MRI blood tests etc. management would be according to  the  cause.  Take care.
I have hadpain in the back of my head for some years now..just in that area my head is tender, even when I touch that spot it hurts.  When I go to sleep if I lay back I will wake up it pain.  I had a doctor tell me once it could be the perms I put on my head and hoe of ten I put them on....thinking about cut it all off and starting new and see if the pain would go away.
Just today I started having these sharp pains to right side back of head. When touching scalp where pain was coming from I found scalp to be really sore in that place. Feels like i hit my head on something but no bump or indention. Recently I dyed my hair 3 days ago. I've had a sore throat for two days and sneezing with runny nose today. The shooting pain is my most concern. Took an ibuprofen to see if that will help. Just scary but researching the net I've found many people posting questions for this same pain.