Neurology Community
Please respond: Human Anaplasmosis

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Please respond: Human Anaplasmosis

My recent lab work showed IgG antibodies to Bartonella and Anaplasmosis. My doctor said this indicates a past exposure, not a recent infection. Should I still ask for antibiotics? And also, would this explain the twitching I experience in my right cheek, and burning pain on the right side of head? Would a visit to an infectious specialist be indicated?

Your doctor is right when he says that the IgG antibodies indicate a past exposure to bartonella and anaplasmosis.
The pain in the cheek and burning pain in the head could possibly be due to neuralgia.
How long does it last and is it triggered by anything?
Neuralgias are sharp burning pain which occur for a few seconds to a couple of minutes and are due to nerve irritation.
I would suggest you to schedule an appointment with a specialist to make the exact diagnosis. Do keep us posted!