Plz help! Save a life! My dad!
My dad has had some problems. I need help quick. About 3 months ago my dad had a bad ear infection. Also Blood in the stool.  3 weeks ago my dad started getting bad headaches and waking up in the middle of the night shaking, doctor's say its tremors. He has been to the doctor about 30 times in the past 2 weeks. EKG, MRI, lots of blood work. And They found nothing. Yesterday my dad tried to commit suicide with opening a CO2 bottle in his truck and sat in the truck. Is there any idea's what is the cause? Plz help I don't know how much long my dad will live if I don't find the answer. We live in Fresno, CA. E-mail me at ***@**** if you can help! Thanks Jeff Monahan
You are probably best off by contacting the nearest Mayo Clinic.  The closest for you is probably their Scottsdale, Arizona location.  The appointment desk phone number is (800) 446-2279.

Here is their website:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/scottsdale/

I am not associated with the mayo clinic (and, in fact, I've never been to one). I recommend them based solely on their reputation.

Please get an emergency appointment if you can. I wish you the very best!
I agree with the above poster who suggested the Mayo Clinic.  And since your dad is suicidal, if you can't get him into the clinic immediately (please tell them he's suicidal), then get him into any hospital.  He mustn't be allowed to take his own life.  There are medications for tremors and many tremors are benign.  Don't let your dad give up.  Good luck to both of you.
He has never been suicidal in my life. Is is the first time something like this has ever occured to him to do. The part i didn't say was that he only gets about 2 hours of sleep a night after waking up. Which i have been told that, lack of sleep does some crazy stuff to you. He said bright light and loud noises increase the pain in the headaches. He said that he didn't really want to try to kill himself he just doesn't want to feel the pain anymore.
Dear Kin,
I personally think he should be hospitalized today, especially on account of the suicide attempt.  If you haven't been already, the Fresno Community Hospital is associated with the excellent UCSF Medical Center, so go there.  The top place in California to visit is in Los Angeles, you can go to the ER room at UCLA Medical Center, www.healthcare.ucla.edu.

I think your father's condition could be simple, all the way up to scary, but in either case, suicide is nothing to fool around with.  It's possible his ear infection has swolled up his nasal and throat tissues to where he can't breathe, and sleep deprivation would make him depressed.  Worst case is the ear infection bacteria abscessed into the brain, but that would have shown up on MRI.
GG