Neurology Community
Positional Extremity Discoloration
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Positional Extremity Discoloration

Over the past several months I have been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy in my right leg. I have weakness, tingling, numbing, pain in all my extremities. When I sit at my desk or when I stand still in one spot for several minutes, all my extremities turn blue/purple including hands and feet (solid change, not patterned). I can feel the blood flow begin to dissipate and even my finger tips throb in pain. I am fatigued all the time.

I also have had some episodes where starting in my right calf, going up my leg and right arm and then into my right face I get numb, tingling with pain. I've also experience varying degrees of burning, weakness, and pain in my arms and legs...different points, different locations on and off.

I have had every neurological test done - nerve conduction, MRI of neck, back, brain, and spinal tap, blood tests, diabetes, vitamin D, B12, endocrine tests...etc. Nothing has come up. The only thing is a black spot on my brain scan near the area that could affect headaches (of which I also get more frequently). I have also been diagnosed with arthritis in my feet from bone scans and have 3 small protruding discs in L4-S1 and T11-12.

Note that I have a history of neck problems from being rear ended in car accident. Had cervical fusion and disc replacement as result. Doctors have do not believe the surgery is a cause but I was completely healthy prior to the accident and since then all this has happened.

I want to know what is wrong. Some drs suggest Raynuads but I have no abnormal problem with being in the cold. Some drs suggest RSD but don't have chronic extremity discoloration and symptoms...they are positional and the bone scans came back clean. Some of suggest rheumatoid arthritis but blood work can back negative.

Thoughts anyone?