Neurology Community
Possible Lipoma

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Possible Lipoma

Over a year ago I began to get a sharp pain every now and then in my neck. After a while a large hump began to form making me look like a hunchback. I went to the doctor about it and he thought it was a possible lipoma and sent me to a neurologist. I had several scans done and after consulting 3 other doctors, no one knew what it was or wanted to mess with it. A year and something has gone by since this and the pain and pressure is now constant with occasional once a day sharp pains like some one is beating ice picks into my neck. The pain begins in my spine (which is now potruding out farther than the rest of my spine) and moves along my muscles. The swelling "hump" is getting worse. I went back to the doctor and he still thinks it is a lipoma increasing in size causing my spine to poke out and hurt. I have an appointment to go back to the neurgologist and get my scans done. I need some more opinions on the matter. What other possibilities are there for the pain and optical differences?