Neurology Community
Possible MS for 24 now Lupus???

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Possible MS for 24 now Lupus???

I am a 45 year old female who has had 24 years of Ms-like symptoms.  It all started with a UTI, I took anitbiotics and it went away.  A few months later I thought I had another UTI but there was no pain.  It felt like I constantly had to pee.  Well Drs didnt know what was wrong I had ovarian cyst removed that they thought was causing symptoms but the symptoms persisted after cyst was removed. I suffered with bladder symptoms for many years.  During that time at age 23 I contracted chicken pox and had what may have been Optic Neuritis.  My vision was cloudy in one eye.  Went to eye dr and he gave me meds and said it was due to chicken pox virus.  At some point a gyno mentioned I go see a neurologist because I had some numbness in the pelvic area.  The neuro mentioned MS, and I freaked out and got very depressed.  I started getting tingling and strange sensations.  I had MRI's of brain and spine-they were normal.  Then I went to a MS specialist in NYC and he gave me a spinal tap-that was normal.

I went on with my life thinking I didnt have MS.  Years later I had other vision issues where it looked like a fuzzy tv screen when I woke up from a deep sleep and also my vision was distorted as my fingers looked really long also when waking from a deep sleep.  I noticed my vision was streaky in that if things were moving fast past my field of vision, they would be streaky.  Its hard to describe.  I have also had tons of floaters and what looks like a million clear tadpoles swiming around--that is always there, but I can only see it if I look at a white or light background.
I also noticed one pupil slightly larger than the other.

Then six years ago, i read something on the internet, thought again I had MS and went to an MS specialist and had MRI's of brain and c-spine on a 3t machine with and without dye--that was normal and 18 years after symptoms onset.  

During the years I have had other symptoms like some hearing loss, my ears now hurt when its cold out, my extremities fall asleep very easily and also in the cold get numb or if im chilled they will get numb, I have mild numbness on tip of one toe all the time, I get some patches of numbness here and there, but it doesnt last long, I get out of breath easily, alot of my hair falls out, but there are no bald spots and my hair has not thinned out over the years, but now my eyebrows seem to be falling out, weird leg pain after stressful incident and that lasted a few months on and off before totally going away, eye twitches and other muscle twitches.

Now, just this year I have worrying about my 15 year old daughter.  She is displaying AI symptoms of eye tearing all the time, feeling full after not eating as much as normal, cold hands and feet with one incident of hands turning pale green in school, and now I think she has red cheeks from sun exposure.  so I am scared she may have lupus or sjorgren's. Oh, and she has had a lingering sore throat and cough so maybe dry throat???  AND, just this week i was at the beach and noticed I may have a butterfly rash on my face!! My left cheek was red but not too too red, and my nose was red and right cheek a little red.  Then I also noticed some small red pimple like rashes on my legs that would fade the next day.  Also, on my face where it was red it is now dry, tight, flaking skin.  I did have two patches of what my dermatologist said was ezcema (eczema) this past winter, so now Im wondering if it really was eczema.  In the past several months I have also had some mild joint pain in wrists and now ankles.  My bad ankle (previous fracture as a teen) was hurting badly last night and I had to take aleve for it.  Im scared in addition to MS, I may have Lupus.  Or has it been lupus all along, although, do all of my symptoms fit??? I dont think so.  BUT my MRI's were always normal for so many years--can it still be MS--how can that be?  In March I went to the Bahamas and had no problems in the sun with any rashes.  I had joint pain in my wrists then, which went away after I returned from my vacation.  

I am scared out of my wits.  i am not a strong person and have no support.  my husband things Im crazy and thinks there is nothing wrong with me or our daughter.  My mom thinks I worry too much.  My sister doesn t say much.  She and my mom dont live by me so I am all alone.  I have no friends as I have gotten so depressed over my health issues and problems.  There are issues with my husband as well and I am so afraid I am going to be alone and sick with no money and unable to go to a dr and no one to help me.  

What can I do?  What do my symptoms sound like to you?  Thanks for your help.
its bornworrier again.  Forgot to mention some symptoms.  I have strange sensory symptoms that come and go--like a feeling of liquid dripping underneath my skin, pricking, tingling--even in eyeballs, a strange almost numblike feeling in my tounge.