Possible transverse myelitis and pregnancy

At 7 weeks pregnant I woke up one day with tingling and numbness and was terrified. I have no previous history of any neurological problems.
I'm now at 35 weeks and numbness is mostly gone but tingling still present in both feet and one hand. I also have bladder retention, but it's not too serious.
To make matters worse baby is breech so looks like I will be getting a section - alarm bells are ringing as I just think any form of anaesthetic into the spine is asking for trouble.
Can anyone give me any advice as doctors are holding off on diagnosis until after the baby is born as they have deemed it too risky to do any MRIs or X rays?
Blood tests to date have also been clear for any sorts of infections.
Reflexes are perfect and power in limbs is not affected.
Thanks,
Chloe
Hi Chole!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems.  Since you are pregnant, it is important to rule out hypothyroidism, diabetes and high blood pressure as the cause of your symptoms. The former two can be done through simple blood test which can also be used to look into anemia, vitamin B12 deficiency and vitamin D deficiency.
Please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Yeah they ruled all these out in hospital at first, they monitored me for 24 hours. Nothing unusual showed up at all and blood pressure gets monitored weekly still.