Neurology Community
Possibly Multiple Sclerosis?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Possibly Multiple Sclerosis?

Hi! I'm posting this here to get some opinions on my current condition. I plan on visiting a neurologist and getting an MRI to confirm/deny things, but I want to see what others think. I've visited the doctor on and off through the years as a result of multiple medical problems (gerd, lactose intolerance), but I haven't started noticing these new symptoms until about a year or so ago (and I haven't visited the doctor since then), so I'm not sure if these are connected to my current diagnoses or not. Currently I am experiencing a number of strange issues such as intense (to the point of pain) head itching (that occurs at random, once every few months, so I never know when it'll happen next) that wakes me up from the dead of sleep because of its intensity, moderate dull/achy pain in the calf area of my left leg (also random, but more frequent), loss of feeling in my right leg and sometimes (but rarely) pain, tongue spasms/twitching at frequent (though I've heard this is fairly normal for most anyone), and the one that scares me the most is foot/ankle spasms or seizures, basically randomly (and extremely frequently) if I move my foot or just leave it sitting for a little while without moving it, my foot without control will move fast, sporatically in different directions. There is no pain involved in the foot spasms, I only feel pain in my leg (as described) and when my head itches. I'm not sure what's going on, but aren't most of these symptoms neurological? Also, my mom thinks (and she may be right) that cracking my neck (which I used to do often, but have since stopped after negative effects) could have caused injure to my spinal chord and thus triggered something. I sometimes (randomly) get nerve shocks in my neck and in my arm. I don't know if this is connected or not. The only thing that has me thinking, is that I'm only 17 and I've heard MS mostly shows up in older patients. Anyways, I know this is long-winded, but I wanted to say everything and give as much detail as possible. Thanks for any opinions and advice.
Hi Indie, I don´t think you have to worry about MS. This does not sound much like it even though MS can be very different in peoble. And cracking your neck sounds really horrible, augh, that could have hurt some nerves so you should maby look into that. I would also try to relax and not worry to much for some time and see if that helps. Because anxiety can trigger many things, and it is very likely that the neuro would ask you to do this, so try to relax, stay busy and not think about this for awhile. Then go see a doctor if you still feel so strange.
Hope you get better soon,
Dagun
Thank you for the advice! I will definitely try and worry about it less. I have deal with stress rather frequently, so I'm not sure if it would have only started causing it now, but it's definitely something to consider and I will try to relax more before going to see a doctor for these symptoms.