Post Lumbar Puncture Headache?
I have a lumbar in April last year. Afterwards I was in sever pain for over a week - I would vomit and or pass out every time I would move and sitting up would cause agonising head pain.

Ever since then I have had lower pack pain as well as a constant headache in my lower head that seems to flare up every now and again. The headache has gotten worse in the last 4 days, its bearable but still extremely painful and has been consistent.

I was just wondering if it was possible for me to still be suffering from the issues I had with my lumbar puncture? If so, is there anything that can be done - I am SO sick of having pain every day.
Hi there!

It is very unusual for a lumbar puncture headache to continue beyond a few weeks. Headaches months after an initial lumbar puncture would necessitate an evaluation to look at other possibilities such as primary cranial headaches, secondary headaches such as sinusitis, refractive errors increased ICP etc, cranial neuralgias etc. I would suggest considering a detailed evaluation by a neurologist at this time. After a specific cause is identified, it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!