Neurology Expert Forum
Post Myelogram/Blood patch problems
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Post Myelogram/Blood patch problems

I am a 43 year old female (previous C6/7 fusion and L2/3 disctemony).  On 4/20 I had a lumbar myelogram. On 4/22 I began a horrible headache when standing which significantly worsened and on 4/23 a lumbar bloodpatch was done.  The terrible headache and severe nauseau lessened however, since I have had a "weird" feeling in my head as if the pressure is not right.  At times I feel very dizzy and almost disoriented (none of which were present prior to the myelogram).  When I bend my head forward (chin to chest) I begin to feel as if I am going to passout.  Thinking clearly is sometimes difficult and requires a lot of concentration.  Finally, my entire body has an internal "numblike sensation."  It has been 2 weeks since the bloodpatch.  What might be going on?  Could I still be leaking CSF and is there a non-invasive way to determine that?  Finally, do I contact the anesthesiologist who did the bloodpatch or my neurosurgeon who ordered the myleogram and did my previous surgeries?  Thank you.