Neurology Community
Post-Myelogram Headache, Dizziness...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Post-Myelogram Headache, Dizziness...

I am a 34 year old female.  On 9/18/07, I had a Myelogram of the cervical spine performed, due to injuries sustained in a car accident.  After an excruciating headache that lasted for several days, I had a blood patch procedure done to stop the spinal fluid from leaking.  Still in bed for one week after the initial Myelogram procedure, I had another blood patch done which seemed to take effect almost immediately.  It is now March 18th, 2008, and I am still experiencing headaches, along with dizziness and bouts of disorientation and forgetfullness.  Could these be related at all?  I have seen my primary care doctor and he has given me antbiotics for an ear infection and after the antibiotics have run their course and even during, the dizzy and disorientation spells are still there.

At this point, any help is appreciated!

LaDonna Davis

This discussion is related to Post Myelogram/Blood patch problems.
I am 39 year old female and had a cervical myelogram done 3 days ago. I am still experiencing dizziness and extreme fatigue/nausea after being up for several hours. I was under the impression I would be fine a day or so after the procedure but that is not the case. I am certainly not happy you are going through this, but I feel better knowing that I am not alone.
I follow up with neurosurgeon in two days. Hope all goes well.
Rhonda
I am 33 and have had  four lumbar discs fused with discectomies. Since this was done last year I am still having a major amount of issues. The doctor said I have spondolythesis due to a Pars defect. I am now down four more discs since surgery, but they are two in my cervical and two above the surgery site. The actual site has two bulges of the new bone that have grown out in what would be herniated discs, but since it is all bone it's just two bulges. I had a myleogram three weeks ago and they could not blood patch it because of where the injection was the anawhatever said there was no room between my spinal cord and the bone growth. All this for the CT to be inconclusive due to streaking from the scews and cage. I will not willingly let anyone else ever do that again. The week long and still sometimes headache were not worth it. Even now I feel like the right side of my head swells. I cannot express now dissapionted I am the my sad little spine will no longer get my back. Thanks alot birth defect.