Neurology Community
Post Ulnar Nerve Transposition

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Post Ulnar Nerve Transposition

I had an ulnar transposition surgery in elbow done in April 2007 due to nerve pinched for about 3 years. I was doing good a month later then lots of pain in surgery area after it unnumbed. Ocupational therapy was not helping much till they started using a machine that draws medicine into my surgery area by positive and negative ions. The ion therapy machine has stopped the pain in surgery area but has not cleared the numbness and tingling in pinky and left part of ring finger or cramping on left side of hand and pain in left side of wrist. The clawing of my hand is gone after the surgery and "above" remaining symptoms are not as severe as they were before. I have to wait till July to talk with the surgeon again. I'm concerned that my nerve may have had permanate damage before surgery and I waited to long to have the surgery. Whats your opinion on this? Or is this normal? Do you have advise on how to discuss this with the surgeon when I have my appointment in July? I do realize that It will never be as normal as before this happened three years ago.
I learned yesterday after having an NCV test that my orthopedic surgeon did not want me to have, that my ulnar nerve is no better now than it was before the op I had a year ago.

Essentially I was told this time that the purpose of the op is not necessarily to restore the use you had before as that is not always possible but to stop it from getting any worse