My husband just had a Meningioma removed about 2 months ago and since has had to have a VP Shunt put in due to an increase in his CSF production and it had formed under a pocket which had been created during surgery. It has been 1 week almost since his shunt was put in and when he was discharged his head was completely down to normal size. Now he has swelling again in the same area where the CSF had collected before the shunt was put in. The enlargement has not gotten as large as it was before the shunt however it is not decreasing in size. He has complained of slight headaches and pressure type pain in his head. Is the swelling something we should be concerned with? He goes back in 2 days to have his staples removed. Is this a concern which can wait to be addressed until then or should we go back to the ER now?
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.