Post Viral Syndrome
I was diagnosed with post viral syndrome this February 2009.  I had pneumonia in November which turned into asthmatic bronchitis.  While I was on all the medications, I developed very odd symptoms:
tingling/numbess in hands and feet (sometimes lips and face)
burning and cold sensations throughout my muscles
my body shakes/tremors
weakness and some pain, more weakness in arms and legs - the weakness is better but in the arm that I use (my right arm it is more persistent and intense)
upset stomach
stiff fingers that don't seem to work like they used to
sleeplessness
muscle twitches
muscle soreness
I have been to my doctor so many times and she kept telling me that I was just recovering from the pnuemonia and that I was anxious and the put me on ativan.  I am anxious but it's because of all these unexplained symptoms.  I saw a rheumatologist that said I have fibromyalgia and I'm going for aquatic physical therapy for that.  I saw a neurologist who found nothing neurologically wrong with me and said it's post viral.  All my bloodwork has been normal and every doctor does not think it's anything pathological.  The weakness in my right arm and the shaking/tremors are very unsettling to me as are the stiff fingers that don't work like they used to.  The symptoms do vary from day to day and I have good days and bad days.  When will this all go away?  Are there any treatments for post viral syndrome?
Stefanie

This discussion is related to post viral neuro syndrome.

I know the word, "syndrome" is a very interesting word that physicians' use to describe certain illnesses. My mother has Sjogren's "Syndrome" and it is called a syndrome although it is an AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE.... just like Guillian Barre Syndrome. (the cause of GBS many times is the flu virus or a vaccine).

That buzzing vibration in my feet seems to be the same as yours and most certaily worsens at night.  the body tremors/shakiness have been troubling me too and seem to get worse when I am still or have done any physical exercise.  I haven't found many people here with vibrations and body tremors, good to know I am not alone.  I have not had lyme, heavy metal and Epstein Barr tests as yet.

Ginak, what tests have you had so far and what did you doctors say about the myelin breakdown and low vit D levels?  have your doctors been leaning to a particular diagnosis? Do you have any other symptoms present? (sorry for the flurry of questions)

I had my MRI about a month ago (perfectly normal), my symptoms have stayed though.  My nuero thought his examination and the MRI was enough to rule me out of MS.  He said even though I had "symptoms" of MS that they are too small and with a clear MRI he says I don't have it. (even though I have read that I cant rule it out with just one MRI) .  It has only been a month but should I push for another MRI or spinal tap?

Thank you for sharing Ginak it has been most helpful.

-Chris
Hey Stef,

Good to hear that you have been feeling better.  With you and Ginak having almost identical symptoms as me helps reminds me that I am not alone and helps me cope.  I have been doing light workouts at the gym lately(to get my mind of things) and have a very abnormal and increased feeling of shakiness and small tremors, but going out and being physically active helps me mentally.

The vibration feeling in my feet what has been bothering me lately because of its consistency and frequency.

I hope we'll have some answers soon and our compared test results and finding should help each other in narrowing down a diagnosis.

-Chris
Hello Chris,

No you are certainly not the only one dealing with the tremors and shakes. Mine happen when I am at rest and as I am about to drift off to sleep. I have had all types to testing to include brain mri/without contrast(Sept 08),Lyme blood test (October 08, 1 positive band in bloodwork and a "small amount of lyme in spinal fluid), brain mri w/contrast(Sept 08), VNG(Sept 08),Cervical MRI w/Contrast (Sept 08),  EVP (Oct 08), Full body bone scan (Oct 08), spinal tap(- for oligoclonal banding, but + for Epstein Barr virus), EMG/NCS(Dec 08), CT scan of the abd/pelvis (Feb 09) EGD (Feb 09,  Lyme testing through Igenix in Feb 09, which revealed some positive and IND bands). I have had an eye exam by the optho for the floaters in the eyes, ANA/Sed Rate and full rheumy workup, which has all been negative.

My neuro told me that it could be possible MS, especially with very high Epstein Barr titers and low Vitamin D. However, my LLMD has given me a clinical dx of lyme disease and I am currently taking antibiotics, which I just started last Saturday. Its too early to tell if I am getting better. Right now, I am in the middle of a herx and it is quite unpleasant. I am not 100% certain of the lyme dx, but right now, I have nothing to lose. I don't want to sit around and allow this to turn into something like MS without doing anything. I have been to over 16 doctors since July of this year and very few seem to care. I am going to my neuro tomorrow and its going to be very interesting to see what he has to say about the lyme dx. I am sure that he will not be too thrilled. I will check in with you and let you know how things go. It really hurts to be in a situation like this, especially when doctors blow you off.
"My neuro told me that it could be possible MS, especially with very high Epstein Barr titers and low Vitamin D. "

Hi ginak,

MS is definitely one of the diseases that is often similiar to fibro, CFS & lyme disease. One of my goals is to work on a Newly Diagnosed page for the fibro/CFS forum.... I will list many conditions that newly diagnosed members (and even previously diagnosed)  may want to discuss with their physician... just to make sure that those conditions have been ruled out.

The similarities between all of these illnesses is astounding. Here is a great article/discussion on the similarities betweeen CFS and MS :

Discussion: M.E. (CFS) vs. MS:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/760781?personal_page_id=25453
Hey guys, a little update from me here.  I went to my GP and he reordered a thyroid and adrenal tests.  I also got a vitamin def, heavy metal and lyme tests, waiting on results.  Also visited my neuro and he ordered a Thoratic spine MRI.  My most recent symptom is a slight pressure in my upper abdominal muscles and lower back near my kidneys. (had this for about 6 days, no pain).  I am so worried that this is a sign of an "MS hug".  Does anyone know if this feeling or a band-like feeling is associated with any other conditions? Like lyme or post viral for instance?
I had pressure around my ribs and back when I was first very sick with the post viral.  It lasted for a week or so and then went away.  Right now I am dealing with a very stiff back and I'm not sure if that is post viral or the fibromyalgia that I also have.  I had also gone to physical therapy on Tuesday and the therapist worked on my arms and posture so I don't know if that is what may have aggravated my back this time.  I know that the symptoms of post viral can vary from day to day so I would guess your pressure feeling could be from something like post viral.  It's so scary to have different symptoms come and go.  I may have the same symptoms for days, and then something new pops up and I wonder when it will all stop.  I hope that your tests come out ok or at least show something more definitive that a doctor can treat.  It's so hard to be sick and you can't even really treat something like post viral.  Let me know how you make out.  I'm thinking of you and waiting for my neuro appt on 4/13.
Stefanie
What kind of doc does the best on the Post Viral Issue--Have been told by two no reason to see me becaus thats what ONE doc has said it is??
Have you got your test results yet (MRI)
I received my MRI results yesterday and they came out clear =). I have a MRi of the Thorasic spine with and without contrast on a 1.5T.  I am still feeling a bandlike tightness around my ribs and back along with my other symptoms, my finger stiffness seemed to have diminished.  I don' know what to do now..I've have a brain and full spine MRI,EMG, all the bloodwork, x-raps,ekgs and stress echos. still can find my problem.  My ELISA lyme tests came back normal ( but I heard these are inaccurate).  Should I push for a spinal tap just to make sure?  Or go see an MS specialist?
I am not sure, Chris-I can only tell you my story, which includes all the testing you have had other than the Throrasic MRI--I have not had a LP-Not really wanting to have them punch holes in my back when everything else is clear---I still dont have a Dx other than Post Viral as well--Just trying o hang on till I cant stand it anymore for a LP
Results from Endo

Testosterone, Total---291                    Scale  250-1100

%Free Testost          1.29        Low     Scale 1.5-2.2

Testos, Free                37.6                Scale 35.0-155.0

LH (luteinizing Hormone)    6.7             Scale 1.5-9.3

FSH                                 5.9              Scale 1.4-18.1

FrT4                                 1.06            Scale  0.89-1.76

TSH                                 1.10            Scale    0.35-5.50

Cortisol, Total,LC/MS/MS    15.9          Scale     4.6-20.6

Prolactin                              5.7           Scale    2.0-18.0

Comments from Endos Nurse---Everything looks Pretty Normal--See You in six months.
How's everybody doing?  Anyone feeling any better?  I went to my neuro yesterday and she finally orderd the MRI for me of my brain and spine.  She didn't seem very concerned and I think she ordered it for peace of mind for me more than anything else.  I have had an upset stomach with all of this too and she asked me if anyone had Celiac disease in my family.  It can cause a number of symptoms similar to what I have been experiencing, including numbness, stiffness...  She is having me go for more bloodwork and one of the tests she ordered is to test for celiac.  I just thought I'd throw that out there to everyone in case it's something that you may want to look at.
Stefanie
Hey guys just checking in.  I went to a LLMD about 2 weeks ago and he ordered a comprehensive set of lyme tests from igenex.  Waiting for results on Monday.  I haven't asked my doctor about Celiac.  I guess if my Lyme turns up negative then I will get that LP and blood test for Celiac. (I have also had a upset stomach along with gas for about 2 weeks now).  How did your MRI's turn out Steph, any new symptoms?  How is the Lyme treatment turning out for you Ginak?  I think even if lyme comes out neg I am going to get my hands on some Doxycycline and see if it helps.  How are things going for you Padro?
Thanks for asking--Saw a Doc Yesterday that advised he does not Think I have post viral issues ordered more blood test 3-hour GTT and others--The ride goes on.
I am on abx-Doxy and a ton of other supplements. I am still having a lot of neurological symptoms. I really don't know what I have. I have been on Doxy for 3 weeks, still lots of ringing in the ear, tremors at night, muscle twitching at night, new symptom of tingling around mouth area. I just don't know anymore. Sometimes I feel like everyone else is getting better but me.

Padro, what is a GTT? Also, if the dr doesn't think Post Viral, what does he think this could be?
Glueclose Tolerence Test---The doc advised he would search for some things, he is also taking blood checking some Hormone levels as well--He is a Internal Med doc and said that Post Viral should not last as long as I have had it 16 Months--so it must be other issues.  Post Viral is a cacth all when they dont know according to him
Well Chris, you will have to let us know how your lyme test results are.  I know someone who has lyme with neurological symptoms and it took a long time for her to get diagnosed.  The doctors initially mistreated her when she was diagnosed and didn't give her antibiotics for a long enough period of time.  She had many of the symptoms that we do and is now better.  It took her a year of antibiotics that she took 4 times a day to get better.  Ginak, hang in there, maybe you just need more time on the antibiotics.  And Padro, I am curios too, why do they think it's not post viral anymore?  You've had intestinal issues, did they test you for Celiac?
I go for my MRI tomorrow (Friday) of my brain and cervical spine with and without contrast.  How is the procedure?  Is it easy?  I am so nervous.  I requested an open MRI because I don't like enlcosed spaces.  I have good days and bad days.  One day my finger stiffness is better, but I may be twitching more.  Then I have less tingling, but my back is tight and stiff.  It is so bizarre to feel this way.  I hate the tremors though.  My hands and arms shake and it makes me feel so fragile sometimes.  My neuro said that I am not weak and that the sensation of weakness that I am feeling is fatigue.  She also mentioned chronic fatigue syndrome as a possibility.  Who knows?  I'm just thankful for this website.  When I feel really down I read our posts and realize that other people have the same symptoms as me and I have hope that we are all going to be ok.  I am trying to take the advice of one of the doctors that I work with and to try not to think about what my body is doing as much.  He suggested that if I can just try to forget about it (much easier said than done since there are always symptoms) one day it just might be gone.  He was giving me alot of examples of patients that he has had who let their mind kind of take over and how it made everything  worse.  I am not minimizing what we are all experiencing, because I know firsthand that my symptoms are not in my mind.  I am just trying to focus a little less on them so I don't get so freaked out.  I hope that after my MRI tomorrow I will feel better.
Doc advised he did not think it was Post Viral due to the time that has gone by--he advised he could see 15 weeks NOT 15 Months
Stef,

Sounds like you and Chris are in the clear. Padro, it sounds as if we have not made any more progress. Are you all still having symptoms? This is such a lonely feeling.
I am having major symptoms still, major burning/tingling in both hands, joint popping (sometimes pain), stiffness and tightness in my ribs(this one is 24/7 for the past month).  I am pursing lyme, my Igenex tests arent in as yet but for the past week I have put myself on 400mg of Doxy a day and haven't seen any major differences. I will see a Stanford ID doctor this Tuesday.  How are ya doing on the abx Ginak?  How did your MRI's come out Stef?
I feel very fortunate that my bloodwork and MRI of the brain and spine have all come out normal.  The neuro said that everything looked normal and there was no sign of muscle damage.  I see her for a follow up, but not until June.  I still too, have symptoms, but they are getting better.   I have more good days than bad days and there are times that I can say that I actually feel like I used to.  Maybe things will get better for you Chris.  I felt like you for a good 4 1/2 months, constant tingling, burning, twitching, tremors...  I hope for you and everyone else that eventually your symptoms will subside.  It is an awful thing to have no control over your body and the sensations that it can give you.  It is so scary and frustrating.  I hope that I continue to get better and that me feeling better will give all of you hope that it can happen to you too.  I hope that all of you can have good days too.:)
Chris,

I was on the Doxy for one month and it was making me way too sick. I am now on Doryx. I still don't feel any change in my neurological symptoms at all. I have not had mris since September and I am really just at a point that I don't know what to do about any of this. I feel very down today. I know that if this is lyme, it can take a while to feel better. I have been at this for about a year now and I am losing hope. I basically started on the abx because I felt like I had nothing to lose.

Stef, I am glad that you are feeling better. I wish the same for myself and others.
What did the Nuero on your last visit advise what she thought was the cause of your issues still Post Viral??
My neuro didn't really say why she thought I still had the symptoms.  I think she ordered the MRI more for my peace of mind than anything else.  She did mention chronic fatigue but never was definite about what it was.  I think she thinks it was a prolonged post viral, she doesn't seem very concerned.  I had to push her to do the MRI and bloodwork.  She thought it could be Celiac disease, but my bloodwork was normal.  I think she thinks there is some link between the fact that I had mono as a teenager and that people that have had mono are more prone to post viral.  Also, because I have fibromyalgia, it sounds like post viral and chronic fatigue kind of go along with that.  It's so vague, I don't know if these doctors sometimes even know what is going on with us.
Ginak, I am so sorry that you are having so many symptoms.  I was talking to someone that had neurological lyme and she was on antibiotics for a whole year just to get better.  Maybe time will help.  Doxy is the worst, I couldn't handle it when I was on it for a week, that's good you switched meds.  You are in my thoughts.
Stefanie
I am finding the Post Viral Dx after 16 months very hard to take as my problems--But cannot find out anything else.
I am right here with you Padro! Hang on in there. I am glad that others have gotten better. I don't really know where to turn either.
It is now commonly accepted that all represent a postviral syndrome whose dominant symptoms include exercise-induced muscle fatigue.
There is no cure for chronic fatigue syndrome.
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a condition that causes extreme tiredness. People with CFS are so tired that they are unable to carry on normal activities for a period of at least six months. They also have other symptoms, such as pain in the joints and muscles, headaches, and sore throat. There is no single known cause for CFS; it appears to result from a number of factors.
More detailed studies showed that people of every age, gender, race, and income group can get CFS. The group most at risk for the disease, however, is women aged 25 to 45 years.
Estimating the number of people with CFS is difficult because its symptoms are so similar to those of other diseases.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen and naproxen, can be used to relieve pain and reduce fever. Antidepressants can be used to help patients relax and feel less depressed. Antianxiety drugs, such as benzodiazepines are prescribed for people with anxiety that has lasted for at least six months.
Nutritional supplements such as vitamins A, B12, C, and E, as well as some minerals, are used to treat CFS. These supplements are thought to improve the immune system and improve mental functions. Some CFS patients report improvement after using certain herbal medicines, such as echinacea ,garlic, ginseng, ginkgo, evening primrose oil, shiitake mushroom extract, and borage seed oil.
Take care everyone!

Post Infectious Encephalomyelitis any thoughts this is from last Nuero visit??
Hi. My uncle had that band-like ribs tightness - it was Lyme. When Borrelia attacks nerves, it's called neuroborreliosis. Antibodies against Borrelia can be found in spinal fluid (by lumbar puncture). At the time Borrelia is in nervous system, it can already be cleared out from the blood, so negative blood test doesn't exlude neuroborreliosis.

Do you have upper (under ribs) or lower (left, or right) abdominal bloating? What happened 2 weeks ago - you started with some medication, changed diet..?

I have some medical education, and I've studied these things a bit lately...
Hi, would you mind to disclose your history of your neurologic symptoms (tingling, burning, back of the head issue...). I'm monitoring Padro's issues for quite a while now, and trying to figure out the cause.

Have you ever had low body temperature, poor appetite, gaining weight, slow heart rate?
Boron has been a good friend to me for some time and will really have some good imput--I know you and I have talked in the past Boron is a good source   Padro
Boron, I sent you a PM. Padro thanks for you help and your concern. Keep your head up buddy!
Wont go into the Technique--will skip to findings
Findings:
L1-L2: Within normal limits

L2-L3: Within normal Limits

L3-L4:Mild changes of degenerative disc disease are seen at this level with mild lateral bulging of the disc margins. Mild facet arthrosis is also seen posteriorly. No HNP is identified.

L4-L5: A broad based,3mm, posterior anular disc bulge is present.  In concert with facet arthrosis, there is mild to moderate narrowing of the neural foramina seen bilaterally along with mild concentric canal stenosis.  There is some increased signal present within the lateral margins of the posterior anulus suggesting anular tears.
L5-S1: Mild degeneration of the posterior facets is seen at this level. No HNP or spinal stenosis is seen.

Signal within the vertebral bodies is normal throughout.  The conus ends normally at the T12-L1 Level,

Impression:Impression:
Mild nueral foraminal and spinal stenosis are seen L4-5 level due to a small broad-based disc bulge and posterior element hypertrophy.  There appear to be small anular tears at this level as well.

Thoracic

Findings:  Changes of degenerative disc disease are seen in the mid and lower thoracic spine.  There is a broad based, 3-4mm, central disc protrusion seen at the T5-T6 level resulting in mild spinal stenosis.  The canal diameter has been narrowed to approximately 8mm.  A 2-3mm disc protrusion is also seen centrally at the T6-T7 level resulting in mild spinal stenosis.  Canal diameter has also been narrowed to approximately 8mm at this level.  A broad based,2-3mm disc bulge is seen at the T7-T8 level.  Canal diameter has been narrowed to 9mm, A minimal,1-2mm disc bulge is also seen at T8-T9.

Signal within the vertebral bodies is normal throughout.  There is no evidence of a significant compression fracture seen.  Signal within the thoracic cord is normal as well.  No abnormal enhancement is identified.

Impression:Impression:
1. Mild to moderate spinal stenosis is seen at the T-5-6 and T6-7 levels due to small herniated nucleus pulposus.

2. Mild spinal stenosis is seen at T7-T8 due to a braod-based disc bulge.
In January 2008 I had a flu shot..Four weeks lated I was flat on my back and thought
I ws going to die...I had no fever, vomiting, etc...I just coldnt move..
I was so healthy that I didnt even have a regular Dr...My boyfriend carried me to
the hospital so many times...The leg pains were so bad that I wanted to cut them
off...Too make a VERY long story short, Symptoms I had were: severe leg pains,
difficulty swallowing, eyes kept trying to close, burning fee..As the months wore on,
I have seen every DR possible, had every test possible, some multiple times..
I have 3 grocery bags of meds that I could not deal with..I hae dealt with more
narcissium by male and female DR's than I ever care to...It wasnt until I found a
very caring Pain MGT Dr that I have started feeling better..Yes, you DO have to
try to be calm through all this because the stress and anxiety makes it worse..
I have doubt I have Post Viral...It was not Guillian Barre because Spinal Tap was
normal...Nerve biopsy was normal..Im finally just on Tramadol which has saved
my life and Combunox for break-through pain..I am on my 3rd  Epidural Steroid
injection and it works like a miracle..It does not sure you, but gave me about 5
weeks of being pain free so I could re-group and start again...It does get better
but it takes ALOT of time...You will never find the cause so stop looking..You
need to treat the symptoms and thats working with meds, treatments and injections
that help you..Do not settle for a Fibro diagnosis..You have Post Viral Syndrome
and you my friends are not crazy...There are thousands of us out here with this.
Every virus is different and the way it effects your body is different so no two of
us may have the same symptoms..Just remember that you ARE sick you
really ARE in pain and you dont have to prove it to anyone..Keep fighting to feel
better and get rid of all those DR's and find one very caring Pain Mgmt Dr..
Im a year and a half into this...As a single Mom who runs a business I had to
fight everyday to get up and get to work..I cried everyday, but promised myself I
woulnd not do it in front of my son anymore..Find your time to cry..Its OK..
So,,Tramadol, Combunox, and steroid injections have made me be able to live and
I also set boundaries..If i cant make it to something or dont want to so something
I dont do it..Love yourself..take care of yourself..We all validate you..
This sounds very much like Transvers Myelitis. I was diagnosed in 7/09. Back in 1/09 I got a cold. About 2 weeks afterwards I started to have a bunch of weird neurological symptoms. Numbness,tingling,burning,itching,bowel/bladder issues and a host of things I had never felt before. I went to a ton of doctors and had tons of tests. All were normal except for an ANA tests. Unfortunatly they were doing the wrong tests. They were not looking for a needle in a haystack like TM. It is pretty rare. I finally found a neurologists who knew what I had right away. TM is an autoimmune reponse where the body attacks the spinal cord. It happens when there is stress on the body like a cold,surgery or stuff like that.Symptoms are like MS. But unlike MS, TM  does it's damage and is not progressive. It can take up to 2 yrs to recover from TM. 1/3 recover fully,1/3 partially recover and the remaing 1/3 don/t recover at all. But there is a greater chance of developing MS if you have TM.
I am so glad I found this forum.  I have many of the symptoms all of you have spoken about.  In late December, my husband & I had mild cases of H1N1.  He got better fairly soon.  I developed the following symptoms:  Severe pains, redness and tingling of the R hand; swelling & severe pain R foot; severe sciatic like pain of the left butt and hip radiating down the L leg to the knee, feeling like someone is cutting my leg off and leg feels like it is going to buckle; sandy feeling in the eyes; low energy; occasional brain fog; occasional nausea; occasional neck pain.  Went to a Naturopath who put me on a wellness regime to build up my immune system...still going to him; tried acupuncture which did nothing; had extensive blood work done which came back PERFECT.  What is VERY interesting to note is that I have severe allergies and asthma, ALL OF WHICH HAVE DISAPPEARED with the emergence of this.  I am currently diagnosed with Sciatica which my Doc thinks I acquired from not warming up enough at the gym.  He also thinks the swelling and pain in my right foot are due something happening at the gym.  I am currently going to physical therapy which is helping, especially the exercises, the deep nerve stimulation and hot, wet heat.  What the PT is having a hard time with is the fact that my symptoms peak up and down, not a normal recovery period for sciatica.  My Doc also just diagnosed me with Post Viral Syndrome.

What is interesting is that about two years ago, had milder but similar symptoms which lasted 6 months.  Started at work with one person.  I then had clients, many of whom were also complaining of "pain all over."  Reported it to administration who did nothing.  

This forum is immensely comforting.
have you all seen the new studies on the virus XMRV that is said to cause PVS (aka chronic fatigue syndrome).  Also most people with CFS also have Fibromyalgia - and Fibromyalgia has a whole slew of symtpoms (many like you are all describing), not just achy muscles.  FM includes the insomnia, the feeling of having swollen hands & feet (or other body parts), the itching, burning, jerking....   Think many of you here need to do more research about Fibromyalgia and CFS because it's most likely what is going on.  I've had it for years and years - it never goes away just comes in cycles whenever my body is under any kind of stress (like a cold or when I had pneumonia in December 09, still haven't recovered from that!).  So stress reduction and staying healthy is the key to reduce flare-ups!  MS tends to give you some scary optical symptoms (severe eye pain, blurry or double vision) which is what gets the docs to start looking for an MS diagnosis (my sister has MS).  
just wondering did you ever get a proper diagnosis or reason for symptoms
Your symptoms are identical to mine,I have sensations of weakness in my right arm, some days my left arm also feels heavy and weak, and I have constant widespread twitching mostly in my legs, but the twitching is everywhere all day long. all of this came on after I had walking pnomonia. Very stressed and afraid it could be something serious. Dr doesnt seem too worried about it.
I hope your feeling better since this was posted in 09.  My daugher was diagnosed with post viral as well.  She has had many of the same symptoms as well.  She has had numerous test and exrays.  After 6 months of getting nowhere I started doing TONs of research.  Found that milk allergies are linked to many post virals.  Mentioned it to the dr. and he said that there is no whay milk could cause all her symptoms including the severady.  Well 4 days of a milk free diet and she is pain free.  It's a hard diet to follow but Damn is it worth it.
How are you feeling now? I have been having the same symptoms for a year. All docs say post viral and will go away with time. Are your symptoms better almost three years later? I hope you receive this post.
hi Stef
I am writing you this in 2013... hope you get it..
I had similar symptoms for 6 months last year and now they are back for 2 months already
All I wanted to ask you-did your symptoms ever come back? how do you feel today?
Mine were caused,I think , by CMV infection that become reactivated..
Hey there. I have had many of the same symptoms that you have had. Especially fatigue, my wrist is always popping and going numb along with the toes of my right foot. Really freaky. And now I have this tremor in my neck that shakes my whole body.
I had mycoplasma pneumonia which I was on antibiotics for months.
How long did you doctors put you on antibiotics for?
Cheers,
Alexa
Hi, For my mycoplasma pneumonia I took Doxycycline, Azithromyacin and then Levofloxacin which seems to work best for me. I've been taking them for over six months and am finally starting to feel like myself again except for a weird neck tremor. Have you only taken the Doxycycline or have you tried other antibiotics and for how long did you take them? Antibiotics can make you sicker before you start to feel better. They made my symptoms worse for the first couple days, then I felt steadily better.
You have every right to feel anxious. These symptoms are scary. I think doctors define anxiety as "fear for no reason" but you and I have have had plenty of good reasons for fear. I decided that anxiety is definitely not the problem for me. They tried to put me on antidepressants ... I refused. It's not the problem it's just another symptom.
I'm really scared and concerned. I've been experiencing what started out as slight dizziness since December 2014. I am a long distance runner (marathoner) and as such thought it may have been attributed to dehydration. I went to my primary who did an ekg and drew blood for a cvc, chemistry, thyroid and b12. My exam and results were fine. They gave me a script for meclazine and told me to see ent. About two weekends later my dizziness (more like a fog) was back again but also more episodes of tingling. This time I went to the ER. They did a similar workup and (blood, ekg) but also did a CT of my head. All again came back clean. I told the doctor that a lot has been going on in my life: lots of stress at work, 2 young kids at home, a master's program I'm finishing and training for a marathon. They said that perhaps it was dehydration coupled with stress and sent me on my way with a short term Xanax script. I also had a relative (radiologist) read my brain imaging and he confirmed it was clean as could be. Afterwards, the Xanax seemed to work but I only had but a few days worth (0.25mg I used x 6 days). So I went back to my primary. They did an assessment and said I had high anxiety and prescribed a months worth of Xanax and started me on lexapro. Ok, so I followed the same course with the Xanax (prn x 0.25mg) and was on lexapro (10mg) for about a month. Around 3 weeks into my lexapro I developed some twitching in my calves. It freaked me out so I stopped the lexapro in a short turnaround (a week or so).  That was about 3 weeks ago. Now my symptoms are weird: twitching (mostly at rest in my calves, thighs, and sometimes upper body),  tingling randomly all over, bubbling feeling under my skin in my back, occasional burning and a sense of nervousness. I've never experienced true numbness but sometimes I wake up and my arms feel like they were asleep (just for 30 seconds or so). Also, perhaps secondary to googling everything on the matter, I feel like my arms are kinda weak and my finger joints are stiff. Perhaps health anxiety but it *****. It is worse for sure when I am truly feeling stressed, but I don't think I'm a stressed person all the time, so it worries me that I have MND, MS or something else. The symptoms seem to be stronger some days and lesser others. I also thought maybe Lyme's because I lived in Pennsylvania (now in Florida) and am outdoors a lot (I believe my dog died of a tick borne Illnesss in 2013).

What is going on with me?
Did you ever get to feeling better? I have been having almost all of your symptoms and its been 4 months.
Hi I have had the band feeling for five weeks and numbness in both legs and constant pins and needles in the soles of my feet, it took me weeks to see a Neurologist but now waiting spine mri as he thinks I have Myelitis or Guillain Barre . I was in hospital for four days and discharged with post viral leg weakness I knew it was more than this and very lucky my own doctor pushed to see a neurologist who knew it was serious straight away, good luck with all your tests, I really hope it goes well for you.
Hi, What did you find out?

Did you ever get a definite diagnosis?  I am a 46 year old male who was totally healthy up to 6 months ago.  Bikram yoga 2 days a week, spin class, cycling, gym, swimming, hiking.  I then started to experience the same symptoms you have described.  This was after a short illness which I thought was just a flare up of facial cold sores (hsv1).  My primary ran a bunch of blood test that she told me were normal.  She sent me to a neuro who did a leg EMG, more blood tests, spine xrays, and a spinal tap.  All were normal but they did find some lesions on my brain that were not consistent with MS.  I am actually going to another neuro in Calfifornia in mid-Dec for a second opinion because this current neuro lived up to his reviews, worthless!  I finally decided to spend the money and go see a naturopathic Dr.  She took one look at my labs my primary ran and noticed some issues.  She noticed my neutrophils and lymphs were a bit abnormal.  She was surprised my primary did not point this out because this showed I was definitely fighting some type of infection. She also pointed out, while my MCV was in normal range it was still very high.  This is a sign of vitamin b deficiency or anemia.  The neuro only did a serum lab test for vitamin b which showed my levels were high.  The naturopath stated vitamin b serum is worthless because it only shows your levels for that day.  So if you ate something before the test high in vitamin b it will show high levels.  The naturopath is running her own labs on me and she is checking if I have an food allergies and nutrient deficiencies.  So what I am getting at is you may want to seek out a different type of doctor.  My first encounter with the naturopath was good and, so far, worth the money.
I hope you are getting better or have fully recovered.  Let me know.  Thank you.