Neurology Community
Prescribed anti seizure meds / no exam / refuse to take them

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hello, I will keep this as short as possible and appreciate your response. My history is diagnoses with skin form of Lupus Fibromyalgia Ocular Migraines Raynauds. Off and on over years I have had neuropathies, regular headaches, fleeting pain in overall body that can last for minutes, days, weeks. Have also had bouts of severe dizziness that have caused me to be tested for heart issues more than once, all with negative results. I've also had complete testing for inner ear, again, negative. The only head injury I've had was at age 15 (i'm now 48) and it was a basilar skull fracture..closed. The vertigo have been diagnosed as "probably dehydrated".The last one was Dec 2010. As of August 2011 I had another episode where I got a weird feeling, kind of like light headed that lasted for just a second or two and was gone. Then I turned to walk across the room but I felt as if I was in a dream and very drunk. I began to stagger like one and felt I was falling to the right. This made me walk in a half moon where I ended up on the other side of room. I couldn't stop myself but something did because I ended up at a dead stop in front of the counter where I just seemed to stand there staring at the counter with no thoughts in my head. My vision seemed like it was "shaded". Had a thought "I'm going down" only my left elbow made contact with counter. I landed hard enough on my right knee to skin it through my pants and I remember landing on the right side of my body. When I next opened my eyes, I was flat on my back with no memory of how I got there. I tried to get up but felt too weak so I waited until I couldn't any longer because I had to urinate badly. I felt exhausted but oddly giggled out loud. Saw my GP who said "probably dehydrated. Saw my Rheumy who said "probably seizure". Referred to Neuro who said "You had a seizure!" put me on Levitracetam with NO exam at all. Ordered MRI and EEG, not done yet. I'm scared and afraid to take meds not sure it was seizure!..help plz
Sorry, I forgot to add that I have had major fatigue for years, and I have also recently had tingling or 'asleep' feeling that covers the back of my head like I'm wearing one of those Jewish style caps or hats. And, I've had episodes where I feel an odd feeling (like yesterday) where I got this 'rush' feeling in stomach up to chest then feel really spacey, like I'm going to pass out. My boyfriend asked me if I was ok? yesterday when it happened and he said I went completely pale. He also told me he's seen me do this several times. Also had one other issue last week where I felt suddenly very tired, got an electric feeling in a line from the left corner of my mouth to my left jaw and felt very weak. Didn't last long....oh, when the episode happened yesterday where I went pale, I also felt an ache in my left jaw...not the first time for that either. Just don't know that all of this is seizures and it scares me to take medication I dont really need. I'm very careful about medication and don't take anything that is not required. Thank you again and I am sorry this is so long, but there is no other way to explain what is happening to me.