Neurology Community
Pressure, and headaches

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Pressure, and headaches

About 2 and a half months ago I started getting this headache everyday. Its feels like a significant amount of pressure in my head. It starts thobbing if I go to bend down, or turn my head to the side quickly. In addition to this I have nerve pain and muscle spasms in my face. I have had a MRI and a CAT Scan, both without contrast. Both came back normal. The headache is preventing me from sleeping at night and has really interrupted my everyday life. It is there 24/7, never going away. I have to take pain meds everyday just to function normally. Anyone know what could be causing this?

This discussion is related to Head pressure.
Hi Tracey!

Please go to www.IHRFoundation.org and look at the information on Intracranial Hypertension, I have this illness and it does sound similar.  They also have alot of good information on what doctors to see and other symptoms so you can run down the list to see if any of these symptoms apply to you.  Basically you need to see a neurologist and an opthalmologist to be diagnosed.  Let me know if you have any questions, you can send me a message or just reply on here, I was diagnosed 4 years ago and now alot about this illness, so feel free to ask away!

Good Luck, and please post an update!