Neurology Community
Pressure In My Head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Pressure In My Head

I have had this heavy pressure in the back of my head for about 3 months now. It sort of hurts but, it feels really heavy. I don't know what caused this. I'm 16 years old, and I haven't been really stressed out because I heard that the pressure is caused by anxiety but I have nothing to be stressed or anxious about. I don't know if drinking has anything to do with this but one night I decided to get drunk, and I didn't feel that different few days after but I could not sleep for a while. I had like insomnia, and I wasn't comfortable in my bed. But, after that I felt like I was in this dream state. I had no emotions, and that my brain is acting very differently. I don't have clear memories anymore, and I can't recall thoughts, or ideas. I don't feel smart anymore, andd that all my smartness was washed away somehow. I used to be really energetic but now I'm just tired, and I don't have an appetite anymre. My thoughts aren't so clear now, and it feels like I have brain damage and I can't get my old brain back. I can't get it to work like it did. I used to be really smart, and talkative but now I don't have emotions. I'm antisocial because of this pressure in my head, and I've been having really weird dreams. They don't make sense at all. It happens every night. My breathing also feels different, and I always forget to blink. I don't know what is wrong with me. I really want some help.
Hi mattabolism,

I just finished reading your comments. If you haven't already done so, I
would recommend making an appointment with your family doctor.
When you see your family doctor, I would tell him or her about the
pressure in your head, how you're feeling etc.  Pressure in your head
is concerning. Try and make the appointment asap. If you haven't told
your parents or caretaker about the pressure in your head, tell them.
Perhaps one of them can take you to the doctor seeing as you're only
16 years old. Don't wait any longer. See the doctor asap. Be well. Eve
I have tried talking to my parents about it, and they see as it's not a big deal. They can make an appointment I just don't know when. I'll see when I can.  
Glad to hear back from you. Perhaps if you said I have a pressure in my
head. It's worrying me. I would really like to have the chance to talk about
with our family doctor. Please make the appointment, mattabolism.
Try and do it before school starts again in the fall. I wish your well. Eve

Hi...I want to echo all eve said in both her posts to u....and please keep us posted on how u r doing <3