I went to the ER 3 times for the following symptoms. They were as follows:
Blurred vision (Sometimes)
Pressure in my temples
Probibly more that i'm forgetting.
Anyway, I had Cat scans, chest X-Rays, blodd work, etc all came back fine. I surf the internet non stop trying find out what was wrong. I thought I was dieing or had some sickness that wasn't discovered yet. I was total scared. I finally went to an alergist to see if the sinus part was allergy related. I tested positive for Ragweed, grass and mold allergy. I had my house tested and it came back positive for mold. Turns out that whomever finished my basement didn't seal the floor before they put carpet down. The carpet got moldy from the concreate and thus the mold. I have been removing the carpet and spraying Biocide. As the mold levels decrease, I am feeling better. Last night was the first good night's sleep I had since November. I hope alot of people find this post s they don't have to go thru what I went throught. It's time for me to spread the word. You can find a wealth of information on mold detectiona and removal on the internet. I hope this helps, don't lose faith, the Lord is with you and will help you throught this.
First of all keep in mind that I am unable to diagnose you since I am unable to examine you, this forum is for educational purposes. I am not sure if there was a question in your post, so I will just comment on "toxic mold syndrome" also referred to as sick building syndrome. In water damaged buildings molds such as Stachybotrys chartarum (commonly implicated as a toxic mold) grows often in the paper covering of sheet rock, but also on wallpaper, bathroom surfaces and around pipes. In many climates this mold exposure is very common without causing apparent harm to inhabitants. However, a growing number of people develop vague symptoms consisting of fatigue, difficulty concentrating, memory loss, headaches, and generally not feeling like themselves that may or may not get better when the exposure to mold is removed.
The problems is that there is no established medical studies that have determined the role of mycotoxins (mold poisons) in causing this neurotoxicity. Therefore there is NO established diagnostic criteria, tests that can be ordered, or treatments that have shown to be effective. I suspect that mold neurotoxicity may be a disease that will be understood and treatable in the furture, or alternatively we may find something else that is responsible for the neuro-toxic syndrome (it would not be the first time the medical community was fooled). I hope this was helpful.
This is a pretty clear case of panic attacks. I'm surprised the neurologist didn't say this. Of course, most patients react badly to this diagnosis, and I suspect that this forum is chock full of people suffering from psychosomatic symptoms.
Copyright 1994-2017MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.