Neurology Community
Pressure at base of neck and in head,weakness and tingly feeling in lef...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Pressure at base of neck and in head,weakness and tingly feeling in left arm on and off.....

I have looked throught he archives and found a thread with a host of people of all different ages that seem to be suffering from 'my' symtoms (symptoms) as well.

I was up until Dec 27th a seeming paragon of seriously good health. I can count the colds I've had in this lifetime on basically one hand, am extremely fit,grew up eating well and have continued that habit into my adult life.

I am currently 24 and have been feeling awful constantly over the past few days. What were intermitant attacks brought on originally right after I smoked a ciggy. I quit on the day I had my first episode(feeling pressure in head and tingling in very isolated areas of my brain,left arm weakness( like moving it through a thick liquid which soon turned to numbness),pressure at the base of my neck,and
have decreased energy due to all that I am struggling with.

I called an ambulance when I got my first onset in Dec of last year, and followed up with numerous DR visits. Had exrays,EKG
monitoring,event monitoring device on for one week,blood tests,
catscan,etc... TESTS AND MORE TESTS..including sonogram for blood clots..NOTHING.. It is not anxiety . I am one of the happiest and calmest people around...

It is very frightning and I was wondering if anyone else who has been feeling the same has gotten a concrete answer. I just want to know and soon...HUGE SIGH..best to all and chins up!!
I am thinking that it is a circulatory issue, but wonder where it stems from..
I am tired of having a constant lowgrade headache. I have been going to bed and waking up with it for the past 3 days and basically was bed ridden ove rhtis past weekend . To tired and shaky to even traverse the length of my bedroom .

Today I went outside for a bit, but it was truly an iron will outing. Am really scared. I do not scare easily either. I am no alarmest, but this is too bizzare.

If you are felling the same way please "speak up" and share your symtoms (symptoms) and findings.

I have found that sitting in a very hot bath helps even if it is short lived, but at least then I can go to sleep. Oh yeah, I forgot I sleep propped up in a sittin postion. Laying down sometimes makes the pressure to much to take and I almost forgot  my ears feel like I am underwater..like they are full of light pressure and need to "pop" ARGGGG!!
I to am 24 and have developed much of the same symptoms, Ive had a CT of my brian, which came back normal and countless ekgs. No one can tell me whats wrong either, all I know is it is getting worse. I'll pray for you, I know how frustrating this can be and I woudnt wish a mystery illness on my worst enemy.
hi i have had the same sort of syptoms (symptoms) now for almost 2 half years it started really bad muslce spasams in top of my back and my whole next shoulders are constantley in knots every time i move they crack then i startred to get streaking pains run though the right hand side of my head and a constant dull pressure head pains i cant ever sleep even when really tired i usally pass out. i am on propranalol/co-codamol/diclofenac but as above a bath or hot water bottle is best for short term relif.  i have been under constant hospital care had 5 ct scans, 3 mri`s  and still no clear diagnoisis more tests and i have just been refered to a spinal cord department here in the uk.  when i was atteneding the ear/nose/throte department they discovered i had a cholesteatoma-middle ear tuma they say this might be causeing a pressure build up on the nerves in my next resulting in back&head pain? i am about to have the tuma removed so hopefully thats it but the consultant did say he has never seen symtoms (symptoms) like this with the kind of tuma i have. hence the spinal experts.i am 28yrs old and have never been sick please contact me if you have any help or want any from me thanks ***@**** thanks and good luck to you all its strangehow theres so many people with same symtoms (symptoms) but no ansers  
Have you had an MRI of the brain?  If not, I think you should have one.
hi yes ive had 3 of them but all they showed was the cholestoma tumor, witch they say  would not cause all the other symtoms (symptoms), to this point i have been discharged by the nero department and am under the care of E,N,T- waiting on the tumor witch is a middle ear tumor to be taken out then i will see nero again and a spinal expert in london why ? i have no idea. can i ask if any one eles with similar syntoms have ever had a nasty smell come from ears? or soft sqiggie feeling in back right hand side of scull. or like cracking sounds that only you can hear when head is moved? sorry just very worried about what is up with me and cant get any answers from uk doctors its been going on so long now i feel a depression comming on and feel helpless. i have hospital today so fingers crossed good luck to all jamie uk
Im a 22 year old female,
Recently I have had Tingling in the top of my head it seems to move around.
I have had tingly finger tips and toes.Its causing my vision to be blured.My doctor said it may be a pinched nerve.....Im Really nervous because I have been going to the chiropractor for about 2 wks and all these symptoms are still happening.Does any one know what i should be looking further into?
Linds
deffinately get this checked out....tumors are popping up every where these days and my husband waited till it was too late now the left side of his face dont work due nerve damage, and he has no left ear they took  it all out and closed off his ear. he had a cholesteotoma and now the tumor came back and now he has an endolymphatice sac tumor on his brain stem so please go get it checked out, and a chiropractor cant help you, go to an ent.
Hello, I'm 17 and having simlar symptoms.. the right side of my head, mainly in front has been bothering me slightly and I have noticed my right hand will shake occasionally but not too often. I am epileptic but haven't had a seziure for about 4 or so years now, last year I had migranes (migraines) and I thought it was related to my epilepsy but the doctor said it was just migranes (migraines) and gave me medicine but it didn't work so I stopped taking it but now for some unkown reason my right side of the head has been bothering me for about 3 or so days now.. and I'm not sure why..