Neurology Expert Forum
Pressure headaches right side
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pressure headaches right side

Hopefully someone can give me some advice.  I get some really strange pains in my head and neck.  It began about a year and 1/2 ago.  I'm 26 years old, in good healthy condition, but am very concerned since I just had a great-aunt pass away from a brain tumor.  I began getting a constant pressure like sensation on the right side of my head.  Sometimes it's not that bad, but normally the pressure and jabbing pain is behind my eye and temple area...this also affects my right ear, right jaw and down my neck.  These do not distrub my sleep at all, sleep helps them.  These pains can actually turn into headaches which are in that general area.  I have never felt nautious, never vomited, my eyes do not droop or water....the main symptoms I get are pressure around the eye, ear and base of skull, right nostril congestion at times and sore shoulder muscles .  I've been to 3 different family doctors who performed neurological tests on me and also my fiancee happens to be a neurologist and they found nothing resembling brain tumor symptoms and felt no need for further testing.  I was diagnosed with tension-migraine, but the pain that I feel is not a constant headache.  It's only when I turn my head certain ways or if I'm stressed.  I do computer and desk work in which I use my mouse with my right hand.  Sometimes I go get the full-blown tension headache in which my entire neck and head feel fuzzy.  But there's this one area behind my right ear at the base of the skull that when I massage it, it actually shoots the pain to the exact areas that I described.  Then my ear gets full again and my eye begins to hurt and sometimes is starts that constant pain behind my eye and temple.  Is it possible that I have muscle tension on the right side which is causing everything to be inflammed and affecting everything on the right side?  I do not know every symptom of neck muscle problems, but I just want to see if the inflammed muscles could be inflamming the nerves around that area?
  Thanks for your help!
  Jennifer