Neurology Community
Pressure in top of head, spasm and stuttering

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

For the last 3 weeks I have had these weird symptoms that are getting worse.  It started with a spasm that makes my body shake and then one day I got a really bad headache and the room was spinning and I started having the spasms about every minute or more and then I started to stutter and speech problems.  It has gotten worse and then this headache started.  It is mostly pressure on the top of my head but it isn't pressure down so much as like my head is going to explode out the top like a volcano.  It is so sensitive that my scalp is very sensitive and even my hair hurts.  The only thing that really helps is sitting with ice packs in my head actually the weight of the ice pack hurts too but the cold feels a little better.  I saw my Dr last Thursday and they sent me a referral to the neurology for this Thursday but should I try and go in sooner or am I making this then it is.  Sometimes I think I must be crazy.
Thanks!