Neurology Expert Forum
Profuse Sweating on one side only

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Profuse Sweating on one side only

Posted By Linda on August 20, 1998 at 17:23:45:

I have been seeing my Dr. because in the past two years I have started sweating, on only my left side, and I turn red on only the left side, it looks like I have been divided right down the center on my face, the left turns red and I sweat profusly, the right side stays normal and I do not sweat at all, My Dr. ran blood work and found I have hypothyroidism, so put me on synthroid, and refered me to a Dr. who is a  Plumary/Critical care/sleep disorder/Hyperbaric Medicine. I have seen him and he said that it is probably due to  Autonomic Ganglion renopathy (neuopathy)(I cant read his writing.) and it is not serious, to just stop doing what ever makes me hot,( I live in SO.Texas) need I say more?) any way, He said it is only agavating and that is all. It really bothers me, I am completely fatigued when I get hot, and the redness and sweating will last up to 45 minutes when I can get back into air conditioning, I try to stay in side, but I cant live inside the rest of my life, Is the DR. correct? should I just learn to live with the redness, it is so obivious that people comment about it, It is embarrassing! Please advise me.
1 Comment
A related discussion, sweating on one side of head and face was started.