Aa
A
A
Close
Progression to What?
I have an 'ideopathic' polyneuropathy with sensory, motor and autonomic symptoms.  I've had this for past 10 years. It progressed rapidly early on.  Then after many IVig treatments it went into stasis.  This has been so for past 4 years.  During the time I have used a wheelchair for mobility beyond a quite limite area.  But, starting about 6 months ago with legs braces, cane and with a new cocktail of neurogenic drugs I became much more mobile.  I also was given weekly physical therapy + TENS.   From combination of above, muscle and nerve pain seem to also be significantly reduced.  This is wonderful!  However I now notice that I have lost virtually all ankle movement, toes can not move, I can only lift legs a few nches from ground when sitting or prone and only long enough to get my pant legs over my feet.  Putting on pants is now very difficult.  My arms rise only to about 40 degree angle from body at sides.  Head motion at neck is also sigificantly reduced.  These new reductions in movement control or total loss of control are alarming.  They have come with a strong electric tingling from groin down entirety of both legs.  

I ask how far this new direction of my illness might be going and at worst what is in future for me.
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources