Prolonged Dizziness / Lightheadedness
I am a 32 year male and over the past week I have experienced slight dizziness and lightheadeness.  I have no other noticable symptoms.  I do have high cholesterol and blood pressure is typically on the high side.  After a few days, I went to the doctor where I was given an EKG, which was normal.  My blood pressure and heart rate were elevated, but I was asked to monitor my BP twice a day by the doctor and the levels have been relatively normal, however still on the high side.  My doctor also drew blood to run a variety of tests.  I am naturally an anxious person and the thought of something being wrong has increased my anxiety, which I am afraid is making matters worse.  I feel like the constant worrying is making somewhat lethargic.

Can anyone comment on what this possibly could be?

Hi there.

You are correct that all the worrying and anxiety is not helping.  Anxiety causes stress, and this would cause a biochemical release of substances that can contribute in blood pressure and heart rate elevation.  Your symptoms of dizziness and lightheadedness may be directly related to your high blood pressure and cholesterol levels.  Lowering one's cholesterol will take diet modifications and pharmacologic measures such as taking drugs such as statins (Lipitor, Zocor, etc). Diet and lifestyle modifications may also lower one's blood pressure.   I suggest you discuss the options in depth with your doctors, and I hope everything will turn out fine.

Regards and God bless.