Pudendal Neuralgia or Peripheral Neuropathy ??
does anybody have any ideas on weather this may be a pudendal neuralgia or peripheral neuropathy ? , for 17months ive suffered from burning - stabbing pain in my perineum which i developed urinary frequency and painful erections also feeling of a lump as result of this pain , then few months later i was getting pain in the rear of my left leg ( thigh and calf ) and bottom of my left foot which quickly reflected to the other leg and foot on the right side , i also get muscle spasms in the abdomen and lower pelvis , tingling in both feet when urinating , increased perineal pain with urination and arousel , temperature loss and everytime i shower the hot water makes my abdomen spasm , i occasionally get pains in the arm and wrist but not sure if its neuropathic but i have had many specialist investigations including mri of pelvis , spine and brain , cystoscopy which all revealed no problem , ive seen two neurologists one , thought it was ms and sent me for brain and visual evoked potentials and stated that if these tests were normal then it could be a pudendal neuralgia , the second told me there was no way to test this illness and the only treatment for me is amitriptyline 50mg , both neuroligists said that pudendal neuralgia should not effect the legs and feet , so i though maybe peripheral neuropathy or can it be seen with pudendal neuralgia , i have read that pudendal neuralgia can effect the sciatic nerves though but i have had no nerve studies or EMG as they are not being offered to me by my neurologist who will soon be discharging me , im 23 years old male and i live in the uk and have history of excessive weight training , martial arts and bike riding , clean history of health up untill 17months ago and am unsure weather to try for refferal to another hospital to solve this problem .

any ideas anyone . thanks ben .
I guess I have some of your pain too, mainly those in perineal area.
I also think that pudendal neuralgia would not affect the legs and other parts of the body. It might by something like polyneuropathic syndrome, hopem that amytriptylin and maybe Neurontin/Cymbalta would work at least partially
The bike riding and doing squats during weight training probably caused PNE. I've had the surgery to decompress the pudendal nerve but still struggle with it. I also have the pain in my legs and even arms. Still trying to get medical help from doctors who don't seem to be able to help. Unfortunately this disease seems to be a curse, without hope of healing, other than a true spiritual healing.
which kind of surgery did you have? transgluteal or transperineal or dorsal nerve decompression?